How do I access my blocked Mail.com account

I have been a member of Mail.com for many years. My email address was jefferywinkler@mail.com. Recently, through no fault of my own, probably a computer virus infected the servers at Mail.com, and without my knowledge, through no fault of my own, spam was being sent from my email address. I did not send the spam. I had nothing to do with the spam. When I learned of it, I changed my password. This was embarrassing because people I knew were receiving spam from my email address. Then, yesterday, on March 5, 2019, when I tried to log on, the following message popped up.

Please
contact us!

Dear mail.com member, our system has detected irregular activity related to your account. As a precautionary measure, we have blocked your account.

To regain access, please contact our Customer Support.

It had worked fine the night before. This was first time anything like this happened. I filled out the form, and got the following automated response.

Dear mail.com Member,

Thank you for your message – an agent has to personally review and process your request. This takes time but we will respond to you as soon as possible.

In order to ensure that our agents can get to your request we ask that you DO NOT open another ticket NOR reply to this message. This would only delay your ticket resolution further.

If you receive this message more than once it means that you have opened more than one ticket. We understand the urgency and work on processing your request with the highest priority. We appreciate your patience and again apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you!
Your mail.com Support Team

(#FXCMX9C36PJ8XCAA458B)

This was sent to one of my other email addresses, also using Mail.com. I assumed this would be resolved quickly. If they have computer experts working for their company, they would have to be aware that it was obviously not my fault that somebody else used my email address to send spam. Obviously, I had nothing to do with the spam, and I changed my password as soon as I learned of it. I assumed that before the end of the day, this would be easily resolved, and I would access my account. Instead, yesterday evening, I received the following email.

Dear mail.com Member,

We have forwarded your request to unblock your account to our security department and it was determined that the account in question will remain blocked.

Please note that this is a decision made by our abuse department and we do not have further information we can provide to you.

With kind regards,

I could not believe my eyes. What the hell does that mean? What are they talking about? I sent further messages to them, explaining that, through no fault of my own, the account had been hacked and used to send spam, a common occurrence with any IT professional would be very familiar with, and there has been no problem since I changed my password. However. I have not received any response to that message.

The worst part is that I used the Mail.com account to store information that I do not have stored anywhere else. This is very important information that I desperately need, and I did not have it backed up at any other location. It never occurred to me in my wildest dreams that anything like this could happen. If they were going to block my account, they should have given me some warning, and I could have downloaded the files or written down the information that I had stored there. They could have said, we are going to block your account in 24 hours, or one hour, or ten minutes, but they did not do that. Right now, if I could just access the account for ten minutes, that's all I need. I am not asking to be able to send emails, or even receive future emails at that address. I just need to access what I have stored there.

I searched the Mail.com website, and they do not even have a phone number to call. If anybody has any idea on anything I can do, please let me know. I am willing to pay money. I am desperate. You can email me at jeffery_winkler@mail.com

Jeffery Winkler

shortiest

New Email
Hi Jeffery,
same thing it´s happening with me !
I am trying to solve the problem with mail.com and they just say the same as you.
Dear mail.com Member,

We have forwarded your request to unblock your account to our security department and it was determined that the account in question will remain blocked.

Please note that this is a decision made by our abuse department and we do not have further information we can provide to you.

With kind regards,
This is crazy and don´t know what else to do, i´m really desperate because when ever i try to change the e-mail account in some registrartions(for example origin) i need to access it to conclude the e-mail change.

Rui Reis

I am so sorry. I totally know what you are going through. I had a lot of very important information stored on that email account. I lost all of that information forever. I never found a way to access that account. When I first saw that someone responded to my message, I was hoping someone was helping me but it turned out that you were in the same situation as me.

I used the jefferywinkler@mail.com email address. Through no fault of my own, a virus infected the servers at Mail.com and used my email address to send spam. I had nothing to do with it. I changed the password. However, even after my email address was no longer being used to send spam, it was put on a black list called "spamhaus", which meant a lot of people I sent email to could not receive my emails. It was not their fault. They didn't even know about it. Their email service was doing it without their knowledge. I sent these people email using a different email address, explaining the situation, and they were able to take my email address off their spam list.

Then, without warning, Mail.com deleted my email account. I stored a lot of important information on the email account that I did not have anywhere else, which was lost forever when they deleted my account. They should have said that they would delete the account in 24 hours to give you a chance to save what's on it but they do not do that. Instead, you try to log on like you always do, and instead a message pops up saying the account is "locked".

I searched their website and they do not have an email address or phone number on their website. They had an online customer service form that I filled out. At that time, I was no naive that I assumed that a human would read it. Later, I realized that no human will ever read what you wrote. If you fill out the online form, and click submit, the only thing that will happen is that the computer will automatically email you an automated response, and no human ever read what you wrote.

Initially, I was begging them to let me access my account for 5 minutes, without the ability to send email, so I can download irreplaceable information I had stored there. Later, I gradually realized that the word "lock" is just a euphemism for "delete" which means it was all gone forever anyway.

Up until that point, I would searching the Internet for ways to hack into my own email account. However, if you search hacking email, it just talks abut getting someone's password. Well obviously I already have the password. Later, I realized that there is nothing to hack into because it doesn't exist at all.

Later, I was thinking about. Normally, a business does not treat its customers that badly because they would lose customers, and lose money. However, if you have a free email account, you never gave them any money so they have no reason not to treat you very badly. If you switch to a different email account, that does not cause them to lose money because you never gave them any money in the first place.

The only thing I could say is if you could prove a financial loss, you could sue them.

From now on, have several email accounts, and forward important emails to yourself, so if one is deleted, you still have them somewhere else.

Jeffery

Tip to Motorcycle Man: Trying to keep your email address a secret will prevent people you want to contact you from being able to contact you but will not prevent you from getting spam since everyone gets spam but since it all goes to your spam folder anyway, who cares?

Veyron

New Email
We've been with mail.com for almost 20 years. And then, arbitrarily one night, we got an email saying that our account was blocked. We run a school that has been in operation since 1965, and have been using mail.com, as I said previously, for almost 20 years.

Writing to this company to find out why the account was blocked is pointless. The automated responses do not allow you to engage in any meainfi conversation as to why your account was sealed.

My only guess is that once you have been a member of mail.com for a number of years, and you choose not to upgrade to the "paid service," they simply decide to block your account.

They may say this is due to spam, or unregistered access to your account, but this is highly unlikely, since we've never been required to change our password, or been warned of any unauthorized access.

If you were a paid customer I'm sure they would treat you differently.

After almost two decades of using this company's email services, along with storing student files on their cloud platform, it's hard to believe they would arbitrarily block someone's account without at least giving one a reason as to why.

All I can say, is for potential future customers of this service, please be aware they can block your account at any time, and not allow you access to your files or folders - even if you agree not to send or receive emails. If this happens to you - you'll be left hanging with absolutely no recourse to your stored folders whatsoever.

Mike232

New Email
I am so sorry. I totally know what you are going through. I had a lot of very important information stored on that email account. I lost all of that information forever. I never found a way to access that account. When I first saw that someone responded to my message, I was hoping someone was helping me but it turned out that you were in the same situation as me.

I used the jefferywinkler@mail.com email address. Through no fault of my own, a virus infected the servers at Mail.com and used my email address to send spam. I had nothing to do with it. I changed the password. However, even after my email address was no longer being used to send spam, it was put on a black list called "spamhaus", which meant a lot of people I sent email to could not receive my emails. It was not their fault. They didn't even know about it. Their email service was doing it without their knowledge. I sent these people email using a different email address, explaining the situation, and they were able to take my email address off their spam list.

Then, without warning, Mail.com deleted my email account. I stored a lot of important information on the email account that I did not have anywhere else, which was lost forever when they deleted my account. They should have said that they would delete the account in 24 hours to give you a chance to save what's on it but they do not do that. Instead, you try to log on like you always do, and instead a message pops up saying the account is "locked".

I searched their website and they do not have an email address or phone number on their website. They had an online customer service form that I filled out. At that time, I was no naive that I assumed that a human would read it. Later, I realized that no human will ever read what you wrote. If you fill out the online form, and click submit, the only thing that will happen is that the computer will automatically email you an automated response, and no human ever read what you wrote.

Initially, I was begging them to let me access my account for 5 minutes, without the ability to send email, so I can download irreplaceable information I had stored there. Later, I gradually realized that the word "lock" is just a euphemism for "delete" which means it was all gone forever anyway.

Up until that point, I would searching the Internet for ways to hack into my own email account. However, if you search hacking email, it just talks abut getting someone's password. Well obviously I already have the password. Later, I realized that there is nothing to hack into because it doesn't exist at all.

Later, I was thinking about. Normally, a business does not treat its customers that badly because they would lose customers, and lose money. However, if you have a free email account, you never gave them any money so they have no reason not to treat you very badly. If you switch to a different email account, that does not cause them to lose money because you never gave them any money in the first place.

The only thing I could say is if you could prove a financial loss, you could sue them.

From now on, have several email accounts, and forward important emails to yourself, so if one is deleted, you still have them somewhere else.

Jeffery
That's basically what I came to als. this is already happened twice. Obviously they have something wrong with their own server as I'm there and if it's happening to so many people I'm having to me two times this Clearly their website is not a very reliable website and I would recommend not using it in future emails. If you need a disposable email and they're probably a good bet. But if you actually need a permanent reliable email account can use for your business they are not the correct one.

Mail.com seems like a nice website but clearly it's not a reliable one. And I'll be taking my business elsewhere

Veyron

New Email
That's basically what I came to als. this is already happened twice. Obviously they have something wrong with their own server as I'm there and if it's happening to so many people I'm having to me two times this Clearly their website is not a very reliable website and I would recommend not using it in future emails. If you need a disposable email and they're probably a good bet. But if you actually need a permanent reliable email account can use for your business they are not the correct one.

Mail.com seems like a nice website but clearly it's not a reliable one. And I'll be taking my business elsewhere

So, just as an update (Veyron) to my previous post, I found that there is a way to regain access to your mail.com account, at least this worked for me.

What I did was to continually open up a new ticket with Mail.com describing in detail the reason as to why I should not be blocked, i.e. "I'm not sending spam," "I've been using the service for years," etcetera, etcetera.

Eventually one of their lackeys wrote back saying that the account had NOT been blocked, merely a request for a password change had been requested (this wasn't actually the case, as I'd been denied as "blocked" about six or seven times prior).

The whole process required about eight or nine separate emails, or separate tickets, until I finally got the response I was looking for. Once I received this one return email from mail.com indicating that it was a password change, I pursued it with all vigour.

Eventually they sent me the link (which is a chore in itself to try and get from them), that allowed me to reset my password and gain entry back into my account again.

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but when you have so much invested in a simple free email account (my bad for not figuring out this risk potential earlier), this approach might certainly be worth a try.

someone

New Email
I made email account in mail.com before 5 days. Now tried to login and received this message:

Dear mail.com member, our system has detected irregular activity related to your account. As a precautionary measure, we have blocked your account.

To regain access, please contact our Customer Support.

Tried to send message via their form, but when click ''SEND'' button, nothing happens. Are their support even exist? Sorry for my english.

I am very sorry that happened to you. I searched their website, and there is no email address or phone number on their website. They have a phone number for paying customers with premium accounts but even if you get a hold of them, and call them, they will not help you if you have a free account. The so-called contact form on their website is completely fake. I know for a fact that no human will ever see that message.

However, the last person to post here, as far as I can tell, does not have a problem. If you only created the email account five days before it was blocked, then you could not have very much on it. As far as I can tell, you did not lose anything, so just forget it.

The most important advice I can give you is back up anything you want to keep as many different places as possible.

someone

New Email
Jeffery, thank you for quick response. I sent message to them and they unblocked my account. No idea what happened. Their answer:

Dear mail.com Member,

You should now be able to access your account with your usual login credentials.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Thank you!

With kind regards,

Last edited by a moderator:

lope

New Email
I received a reply from customercare@corp.mail.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear mail.com Member,

With kind regards,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In short, unblocked? NO WAY!

edwardcul234

New Email
I received a reply from customercare@corp.mail.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dear mail.com Member, We have forwarded your request to unblock your account to our security department and it was determined that the account in question will remain blocked. Please note that this is a decision made by our abuse department and we do not have further information we can provide to you. With kind regards, Your mail.com Support Team ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ In short, unblocked? NO WAY!

We are on the same boat Lope. my email account has been locked for about 6 days now,This is soo wrong in many ways to think you decide to use a service for personal emails only to wake up to get a message your account is blocked without any message whatsoever, isnt that the reason we add recovery emails and phones when we sign up ?
i have filled the contact form and even sent emails to some other contact i saw on here and still no help at all. i am frustrated at this point because i cant access different other accounts because my email is blocked.
If theres anyone out here who can knows other ways to contact mail.com support or anyone who can help then please share.

EDWARD CULLEN

BillA

New Email
Same here, just signed up 2 days ago, and today when I tried to log in, got the usual BS message.
I haven't sent or received a single email yet, so WTF?!
Mail.com is a joke! F 'em, go with another email provider who will not block you just because they feel like it.
I was actually going to buy a one year subscription after trying it, but I guess they just lost a paying customer.
A great way to run a business into the ground mail.com!