How can I access Gmail?

turak

New Email
Every time I click onto gmail I get a web page telling me to create a new account... I already have an account! Gmail refuses to recognize this. What do do? I'm not the only one who has this problem: I saw others hav4e it too, but I don't see any solution posted for this.:hammer: As you can see this really irritates me.

turak

New Email
Thanks! It worked... But this doesn't answer the bigger question of why clicking onto gmail doesn't work. Now I have to save this URL and remember it to login to g-mail.

I shouldn't have to do that. My biggest mistake was getting a g-mail account in the first place., If I didn't already have a craigslist account going through g-mail I wouldn't be using it at all. What really sucks about g-mail is that you can't contact them; they refuse to have anything to do with their e-mail clients. They have no support or help desk or anything: the forum for g-mail users sucks also: nobody goes there and those that do don't have any responses... just a long list of unanswered problems being ignored by google. There's only so many times you can create a new e-mail account on craigslist and I don't want to use up the accounts: that's the only reason I don't delete g-mail from my computer.

What about all the other people who have the same problem with g-mail as I do? I was lucky to find you... they are not so lucky. When you cannot contact a company providing a service: not only should that company be no t allowed to do business: nobody should use them. it is a screaming clue as to how bad that company is and how bad the service they provide is.

This issue is serious! nOBODY SHOULD HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS JUST TO LOGIN TO AN E-MAIL ACCOUNT: yet the people at google do nothing to fix their many problems: I checked the 'status report on g-mail google and they don't have any technical problems: because they live in a BUBBLE of ISOLATION from the PUBLIC: No problems? Bull crap.

turak

New Email
Sorry I spoke too soon: your URL doesn't login to my g-mail accouint it just logs in to the HISTORY of my google activity: ckicking onto my g-mail I get the same damned web page wanting me to create a new damned e-mail account.

In others words your suggestion didn't work.

THERESA

Customer Service
Let's pipe it down a little. I am here to help you. I don't work for gmail. So when you click on my URL, it doesn't take you to the log in page for your gmail account? I will have popowich look at this and see if he has any ideas of what could be causing this.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

If you go to Gmail.com and click Remember me / remember my computer you are not remembered?

Most likely this is a problem with your web browser security settings being to high, or a security program on your computer that is deleting cookies. Review the security settings and applications on your computer and you'll likely find the problem.

If you try a different web browser do you still have the problem?

:welcome: to Email Questions!

turak

New Email
thanks, I found out what I was doing wrong: my google account was clashing with my gmail account: Now I have a different problem altogether; my outlook express imap account rejects the imap gmail login. I have to study up on this before I try anything. there's a lot of tweaking can be done. Thank you and good afternoon

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Do you have IMAP access turned on in your Gmail settings?

Settings -> Forwarding and POP / IMAP

THERESA

Customer Service
If this still isn't resolved, if you answer popowich's questions, he can probably help you figure it out.