How about a secure e-mail forum?

jwriter

Valued Member
Discuss which email clients and which providers support secure e-mail. What is the current state of the art and what is the easiest way for normal people? For more technical people, maybe describe the diffference between authentication, encryption, SSL, etc.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi jwriter,

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll make more posts related to security topics.

In fact we used to have a "business email and security" forum many years ago but I think we were a little ahead of our time since that was a couple years before many of the free email service providers began focusing on full session SSL and related issues.

Here is a related article from a couple years ago:

http://www.emailquestions.com/email-articles/5048-encrypt-send-secure-email.html

Security is really the sum of many smaller initiatives between user education, mail program config, server & network config, etc.

I'll get to work on your other questions.

Please feel free to post your current and any new questions in the most appropriate forum for now (email programs, mail servers, specific service provider forums, email discussions, etc) since I'm not sure if I want to make a specific forum that would "compete" with the others.

For example I had made the smart phones forum but all that really did was steal a few threads that really should have been placed in the related service provider or email program forums.
:thanks: