hotmail sending out junk mail to all my contacts

I urgently need help. Every 1-2 days my inbox getfilled with 300+ post delivery failure messages. Some electronic marketing goods. Problem is I dont want to create new account as I have built up my contact list over years and sending a new email adress to all feels impossible!

Please help

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Welcome to Email Questions! :welcome:

It sounds like you may be the victim of a joe job.

Can you post the full email headers from a couple of the spams?

If it's a joe job there isn't much you can do about it but hope the spammer eventually changes the address they are using for their spams.

If it's something else hopefully we'll be able to do more to help you out with this problem.

-Raymond

Please see email below regarding your request Raymond - your help will be highly appreciated

Sent: 19 June 2009 12:17:43 PM
To: pierrefrancoisvanzyl@hotmail.com
2 attachments
details00...txt (0.2 KB), REhi ...mht (2.8 KB)

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE. Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed. rafael@ciberpuerto.com

--Forwarded Message Attachment--
To: rafael@cenep.satlink.net
Subject: RE:hi D
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 00:13:59 +0000

2009 new electronic products preferential promotion
Dear friends:
Welcome to join our company member club , Everybody here can enjoy our products member price ,we have been received very high praise from our customers All customers can browse through our company's home page <www.trade-electron.com> . Our products (notebook PC,digital camera,plasma and LCD TV,digital DV,Motorcycle,phones,Mp4,and so on) all have low price and high quality in order to attract more new customers to cooperate with us . Hope here is your shopping heaven!

email: tradeelectron@188.com
If you are interested in our products. please visit our web site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What can you do with the new Windows Live? Find out

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Are these really coming from Hotmail? Here are the directions for Hotmail Full Email Headers. I'd like to see where the bounces are coming from.

Do you use only the webmail, or do you use pop3 and a program on your computer too?

Just to make sure someone else isn't also using the account please immediately change your Hotmail password.

-Raymond

I have a pop 3 account through outlook but its not sending from there because its only from my hotmail list nothing else. Ill change the passowrd now

Pierre

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Pierre,

If it was someone else in your account it may take a couple days for the bounces to stop from the emails that were already sent.

Since you also use a pop3 program is the anti-virus and spyware detection on your computer up to date?

I like to use McAfee or Avast, and Spybot S&D.

p9pins

New Email
You've been infected with Generic PWS.y.y!yn or something like that. It's a stupid Trojan where some jerk is trying to violate spam laws by sending out ads without getting himself into law violates on spamming.

McAfee detects this and quarentines it It is usually in your localsettings/temp/iexplorer.exe folder.

Change your email password, too.

chamo29

New Email
I have the exact issue. Every couple of days there are emails getting sent out of my hotmail account. So what do you do if you are on a APPLE MacBook Pro? Where do you search for this virus? HELPPPP

compie

New Email
i have the same problem but as i have got a new pc changed password and details on account it can not be a viruse it must be a hotmail problem