Hotmail not accepting our e-mails and no bounce back

Walter

New Email
Hi All,
I have read another person also having this problem....

We are not able to send e-mails to Hotmail / MSN / Live / Outlook e-mail addresses.
We do not even get a Bounce Back!!

We have checked our SPF & PTR Records and all are ok.
Our e-mail reputation at Senderbase.org is GOOD.

Can someone help??

Thank you.

Walter

New Email
I just followed the link to Microsoft and filled in my IP... so now I hope this will work....
Do you know how long this will take??

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Walter,

They usually respond within 24 hrs.

What does the trend on your sender score look like?

Is it flat in the low 80's? Was there a recent drop? Is it recovering from an event?

What types of email are sending from your IP address? Is it a shared or dedicated IP address?

Walter

New Email
It is a VPS so I don't know if it is dedicated or not.
The green line looks like in September it dipped below 80 and then now at 82.
The volume spiked in mid September and I think this is because I was messing with IMAP and was moving lots of mails up and down, not sure if this affects it....
Or it is possible one of the e-mails from an employee was compromised.... we did get a warning about high volume sending...

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Check your mail logs. Do you see a lot of failed email?

It could be a compromised email account being used to send spam.

It could be a compromised web site on the server being used to send spam.

It's best to identify and solve the problem since Microsoft and others should accept a break/fix better than an unknown when you're working with them.

Walter

New Email
MS just denied us for unknown reason.
But I see that we've had in the past month crazy amounts of mails sent from one single infected e-mail and this is resolved so.... hard to believe, I replied to MS begging them to let our mails through... This is crazy....!!!
Thank you so much for helping!!!

Walter

New Email
After much begging, explaining, etc. finally we are unblocked! MS thought we were a marketing company or something. I had to explain when did it happen (exact date), how did it happen and what did we do to correct it.... 3x!!! 2x rejected!!!
So, now on our online program where customers enter their e-mail, we have put in a notation to avoid MS mails and use something else like Gmail....
@popowich, thank you again for your help!!

unlocktheinbox

Unlock The Inbox
Walter,

That happens a lot, you will get spam bots that will just enter a lot of bogus emails address, I run a few forums and I see this happened quite a few times on different sites of mine. The best way to combat that is to put google's captcha code on your registration page, they have a new captcha that just requires a checkbox, so it's not horrible anymore. Checking your sender score is a good idea, but you should also use a blacklist monitoring service for your domain and IP to be notified when they appear on a public blacklist.

Last edited by a moderator: