HOTMAIL ERROR- Internet Explorer raised unhandled exception in 3rd party module and should be closed

docvee

New Email
Since mid-August of this year, everytime I try to read my emails in my Hotmail account I get the following error message:

Internet Explorer raised unhandled exception in 3rd party module and should be closed. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Module: MSHTML.dll
Unicode; v1.550; Win:5.1.2600.2 (Service Pack 3); IE 8.0.6001.18702

Internet Explorer
Unhandled exception

I have a choice to click either of two buttons: "Send Report" or "Close"
If I click "send report", it takes me to my home page (msn.com)
If I click "close", it will create a loop where it reloads hotmail.com and then freezes.

I have windows XP (home version). Does anyone have a solution to this problem? :hammer:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Re: HOTMAIL ERROR- Internet Explorer raised unhandled exception in 3rd party module and should be cl

Hello,

The problem is mostly likely either an addon that is causing a problem or some spyware that has been installed on your computer.

To troubleshoot internet explorer addons go to the Tools menu and select Manage Addons. Then go down the lists and one by one disable all addons in your internet explorer.

Internet Explorer Tools Manage Addons.JPG Internet Explorer Disable Addons.JPG

If that fixes the problem go back and turn on your addons one by one until the problem starts again. Test going to Hotmail each time you turn an addon back on so you can be sure about which one is causing the problem.

If turning off all of the addons does not fix the problem try scanning your computer for spyware with a programs such as Spybot S&D, SuperAntiSpyware, or Panda Security.

I'd hope by this point the problem will be resolved but if not we can continue with other options such as reinstalling internet explorer.

Have you tried more basic steps such as clearing your cache and cookies?

http://www.emailquestions.com/hotma...ms-including-blank-pages-login-redirects.html

:welcome: to Email Questions!