Hotmail address used to appear within a few letters...

peteg

New Email
Not quite so long ago, when typing in my hotmail address (to log in), it used to appear when typing the first few letters; these days life seems so much harder.
SO what just has happened, or in this case changed in that I have to fully type out my hotmail address to log in - I thought that it was just another teething issue with the hotmail/outlook migration which ran also not smoothly but apparently not.... its still here.

Can someone advise what I need to do to change my settings so that when I do log into my hotmail account (read new outlook), that within the first 2 letters, my hotmail address shows and then I just tab straight into the password field???

Appreciated,
Pete

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Pete,

Which web browser are you using? It sounds like you need to check your form complete, privacy settings, and/or undo an action where you told your web browser never to save your login info for the page.

peteg

New Email
Hi Popowich, this has occurred on Chrome; tested it on IE too and same result. Gone through privacy settings and nothing mentioned in there in relation to email addys. Will keep searching . Thanks

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Looking back through some older discussions (Hotmail sign in page won't save my user name and password.) I see this page helped fixed this problem - How to troubleshoot hotmail problems including blank pages and login redirects , which is mostly a bunch of make sure you're sing the latest versions of all your software, clear your cache, etc types of steps.

In your Chrome try going to this link chrome://settings/ to open your settings. What options do you have in the manage passwords and forms sections?

Chrome manage passwords and forms.jpg

Inside the "Manage passwords" link listed there, search for hotmail / outlook / msn / live and try clearing out any entries for Microsoft related web sites.

peteg

New Email
Morning, been in and did that.... still not working.
This fault that I have is on two separate laptops as well; so perplexed I be