Hiding/masking IP

compleo

Valued Member
I tested 2 e mail providers,rugged inbox & digital envelope,both claim to hide the IP.

Don't know if it makes a difference which e mail provider i used as the recipient for the test.If it does matter i used safe-mail.

I conducted 2 tests,1 without a proxy & 1 with a proxy sending mail to safe-mail.

For each test in the safe-mail header didn't show my IP,but when i used a e mail header analyzer my IP was revealed.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Which email header analyzer are you using?

Did it reveal your IP based on the email headers, or did it revel your IP based on knowing your IP was connecting to their web site?

kernelpanik

digitalEnvelopes
Hi compleo,
I'm Niko, I run digitalenvelopes.email | Encrypted Webmail so I can speak just for this service you tested.

The line you see in the report page of mailheader.org (the website you used) under
Message Transfer Agent (MTA) - Transfer Details
saying that
Your IP: x.x.x.x
actually is just reporting the IP address that you are using to connect to their website.

Just check that same header but connecting with a different IP address and you'll see
your new IP address in that line. I say that 'cos I just tried. Simple as that.

So I can say digitalEnvelopes hide your IP !

You can also try with some results from "email header analyzer" google query:
mxtoolbox.com/EmailHeaders.aspx
toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/messageheader/
Complete email header analysis. Analyse, track ip here
Email Header Analyzer - WhatIsMyIP.com®
www.gaijin.at/en/olsmailheader.php
Tracing Emails - Mail Parse - Parsing and Tracing Mail Headers Analysis

None of them say you real IP address checking the same email header.
Anyway if you have any question feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Niko

compleo

Valued Member
Very helpful & much appreciated & digital envelopes.

I noticed digital envelopes & rugged inbox use the same e mail,at least look the same to me.With rugged inbox when ever i try to do anything,such as send,click on inbox,clicked on save etc it keeps timing out.This doesn't happen with DE,but it is the same e mail program.

kernelpanik

digitalEnvelopes
I'm glad we sorted it out!

Probably you mean not the same email program but the same webmail interface. It's a bit different.
Sorry I don't wanna be boring, but you know just to be clear.
I never tried ruggedinbox; maybe they use Roundcube ( or Horde or RainLoop).

With digitalEnvelopes you have all of them!