Help!

iang

New Email
I have a APC battery back up and want it to email me. There is only setting for smtp server,to and from addresses. I have no internal mail server. There is no spot to enter password. Does anyone know of a way to get this to work? Thank you.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

It appears that your ISP is rogers.com

This is a working SMTP server setting that should work for sending emails :

smtp.broadband.rogers.com

If you need to send from off network change from port 25 to 587 and use your email username and password to authenticate.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

iang

New Email
Yes I have tried that but rogers needs you to use a password and the apc unit does not have that option. It has smtp server setting but your not able to change the port. there is a from email address and to email address. It also has the option to use the receipients smtp server as well. no password in there anywhere.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
There should be a setting for Rogers that works on port 25 that does not require authentication as long as you are using on of their connections.

This answer requires a little more technical work. Does this work?

Go to Start -> Run, enter "cmd" in the box, and press the OK button :

start run cmd.JPG

In the black box that appears type "traceroute www.rogers.com" and press enter :

rogers traceroute.JPG

I don't think this is going to work for me since I'm not a rogers subscriber, but in your results there should be a line with "phub" in the name.

Take the part before the phub and substitute it into your smtp server name.

For example, if you see the name gw01.beer.phub.net.cable.rogers.com, then your smtp server setting would be smtp.beer.net.cable.rogers.com

When you are done type "exit" in the black box to close the window.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
If none of the above work the Rogers customer service phone number is 1-888-ROGERS1 (764-3771)

Please reply and let us know the correct answer so that other members with the same question can find the answer.

:thanks: -Ray