(help) YPOPS trouble

pumpkins

Valued Member
i already follow the instruction but always fail sending or receiving my yahoo mail at outlook.
the error:

Task '127.0.0.1 - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Re: (help) YPOP trouble

Hi Pumpkins,

Is YPOPS running?

Do you have a firewall or anti-virus program blocking the connection?

Please try these 5 troubleshooting steps:

1. Make sure Outlook Express, POP3,and YPOPS are allowed in your firewall
  2. Restart YPOPS
  3. Restart Outlook Express
  4. Restart your computer
  5. Disable email scanning in your anti-virus program
Are you able to connect to YPOPS now?

-Raymond

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Re: (help) YPOP trouble

Hello,

I believe this is a temporary problem that has fixed itself.

Although my YPOPS did not work this morning it is working this afternoon.

-Raymond

pumpkins

Valued Member
hmm yea sometimes is working, sometimes is not...

btw i have a slow connection so sometimes its disconnect at the middle of the POP3 downloading , when i start it always downloading from beginning again so i got mulitply message...
any tips for downloading a plenty of message (-+ 2000) from my inbox for the 1st time??

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Try increasing the pop3 mail server timeout from 1 to 5 minutes, and add a filter so that e-mails over 1MB are not downloaded.

I'd think that would get most of the mails out of Yahoo over a slow connections with the least amount of problems.

-Raymond

pumpkins

Valued Member
how to setting timeout and filter?

sorry my english is not good, im having trouble to explaining to u my trouble.

example i got email from A on 21dec... already downloaded to my outlook by YPOP... then i erase it at outlook. When i send and receive again my YPOP can i get the same email again??

and how to set all my YPOP / Yahoo mail get to 1 folder?? cause i dont want it to mixed up with my work email (already at outlook POP3 email)

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

No worries about the English. :)

To create the message filter for big emails please follow these steps:

1. Start Outlook Express.
  2. On the Tools menu, point to Message Rules, and then click Mail.
  3. In the Select the Conditions for your rule box, click to select the Where the message size is more than size check box.
  4. Click the size link in "Where the message size is more than size" in the Rule Description (click on an underlined value to edit it) box.
  5. In the Set size dialog box, type 1000, and then click OK.
  6. In the Select the Actions for your rule box, click to select the Delete it check box, and then click OK.
  7. Restart Outlook Express.
To change the timeout settings go to Tools and select Accounts. highlight the account you created for YPOPS access and click Properties. Click the Advanced tab and slide the Server Timeouts bar to 5 minutes.

If you download an e-mail and delete it you should not get it in your Outlook Express again. Depending on your account configuration you may or may not have it in your Yahoo mail account. If you do not want messages deleted from your inbox at mail.yahoo.com within your options select the leave a copy of messages on the server option.

-Raymond