Help with IP addresses

shanshan4747

New Email
Hello, I am new to this site. I am having a problem with a stalker. I am positive he keeps setting up new email address and emailing me from them. I can see the IP addresses for each. They are always similar, but also all from yahoo accounts. I hear that they change approx every 72 hours. Does anyone know of a way to link 2 or more IP addresses to the same computer?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Big Dan

EQ Forum Moderator
Shan,

There is no way to link 2 different IP addresses to the same computer. However if they're in the same subnet, (all the digits are the same, except for the last three), then you can hypothesize that they're from the same ISP and therefore likely the same person.

Look up the IP addresses at www.arin.net (top left search box) if all the IPs have the same owner then it''s likely the same person however there is no way to know for sure without a sopena for records from the ISP.

Hope it helps,
Dan

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

I recommend saving the full email headers and giving them to your local police department.

The police can work with the ISP to track down the identity of the stalker.

Also, if at any time you feel you are in physical danger, please immediately call 911.

-Raymond