HELP I cant open my files

mario

Valued Member
Hello please help me I cant open my emails with attachments I have norton I dont use trend after it expired I went and got norton, but this just started happening today I was able to down load my emails just last week with any problems,, now I cant it just goes to a blank screen??

mario

Valued Member
dont understand all this im not that good with computers i did check norton and unchecked email attachment protection but that didnt work

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Download the latest flash player for your web browser -> Adobe Flash Player - Downloads

You need to close your web browser after downloading before you install the latest flash.

My next question would be does it work if you change web browsers, for example if you normally use IE, what happens with Firefox?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi mario,

Do you remember what the last change was before the problem started 5 days ago?

I recently had a similar problem that was solved with this solution :

http://www.emailquestions.com/microsoft-outlook/2877-fix-microsoft-outlook-integration-errors.html

Try updating all of your software with File Hippo - FileHippo.com Update Checker - FileHippo.com

If that doesn't work try doing a system restore to a restore point created 7 to 14 days ago.

Did any of those solutions help to fix the problem?

mario

Valued Member
i did go to the link and down loaded but it still wont let me open my attachments what i did do is foward the emails from my yahoo back to my yahoo and i was able to open them,, i spoke with the geeck squad over at BestBuy and they are telling me that it souds like i might have a virus and it would cost about $200 to take it out and them i will have to buy an anti virus,,i have Norton right now but they told me that not all viruses can be detected and that once i have a virus it cant be taken out just by putting in an antivirus that they have to go in my computer and take it out they install the antivirus??? what do you think please advise me this is very upsetting and stressful...thank you 4 helping me

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Heck no. Don't pay the Geek Squad $200. We'll figure out a free way to fix this! :)

Being able to forward an email back to yourself answers some questions and rules out several issues.

Can you forward one of the examples to example@EmailQuestions.com ?

:thanks:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Mario,

I think we missed the obvious here.

Try uninstalling Norton to see if the problem fixed itself.

If that works you can replace Norton with a free anti-anti virus software called Avast.

mario

Valued Member
i had norton for a while without any problems could it be something else i m not sure i have any other anti virus protection

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Did you try turning off Norton or switching between the different versions of Yahoo Mail?

mario

Valued Member
i have tryed diferrent yahoo like yahoo classic but still the same result i also had norton for a while without problems if i turn it off i wont have protection and or, im afferaid i might not be albe to turn it back on,, the only way i can open my attachments is by fowarding them from my yahoo back to my yahoo then i can open the attachment,,,also i keep getting a message pop up from my icons at the right hand buttom of my computer thats says (some of my start up programs have beem blocked) also something keeps turning off my windows virus protection and i have to keep turning in back on?? : - (

mario

Valued Member
i got the message it reads ( Windows has blocked some startup programs. Windows blocks programs that require permission to run when Windows starts. Click to view blocked programs.)