Help. Google say my address is no longer available

Discussion in 'Gmail' started by Annie42, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Annie42

Annie42 New Email

Hi - I wanted to contact google because when I tried to use chrome on my iPad there was a scam message supposedly from Apple re a draw for an Apple iphone7. I can't get rid of it and it's blocking my access to using the internet although I can use safari. I don't know what happened when I tried log into my google account but I got a message saying my blueyonder email address was no longer available because an organization had reserved it. (I am 100% sure I didn't to say I was an organization.) They now have my email address as one ending in gtemp.account.com. I created a password for that one so I could log on and do chat to resolve the issues but get the same message. I have looked online for a UK contact number but there seem to be numerous ones. I rang one and got through to a call centre in India. When I explained my original issue of the scam message I was told someone was trying to take control of my computer and that if I followed her instructions she would take control and correct the problem. I ended the call there and then and now see there are third party companies that offer gmail support so maybe I was right to be suspicious. Can anyone give me a telephone number in the uk that I can rely on being genuine and trustworthy. Thanks

2. Annie42

Annie42 New Email

Sorted! I deleted the chrome app and reinstalled it. My email address is restored and the scam message is gone.

popowich likes this.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.