HELP...email error: 452.4.1...temporary failure

Nuts4Mutts

Valued Member
Hi!
Please explain the instructions I was given about checking the IncrediMail logs...I found several logs & I don't understand the responder's instructions.
I posted my question AND the instructions I was given, below.
Please use LOTS of details so I can get my email sent before it's old news!
Thank you!

Nuts4
userrating_0.gif

New Visitor

error message: email error: 452 4.1.1 ... temporary failure

Options

‎03-24-2014 10:18 AM
Hi!
I use IncrediMail as my email program, & I keep getting this error message:
"email error: 452 4.1.1 ... temporary failure"
For some reason I get his error message ONLY when I try to send an email that's addressed to several people, (it also contains a link that the recipients need to have). I have no problem sending all my other emails...does anyone know why I can't send this email? Is it interpreted as spam somehow?
What do I need to do so I can send this info to my family & friends?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Message 1 of 2 (59 Views)

Reply 0 Kudos

steve-baker
userrating_2.gif

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: error message: email error: 452 4.1.1 ... temporary failure

Options

‎03-24-2014 05:27 PM
Nuts4 wrote:
Hi!
I use IncrediMail as my email program, & I keep getting this error message:
"email error: 452 4.1.1 ... temporary failure"
For some reason I get his error message ONLY when I try to send an email that's addressed to several people,
There's a DNS problem with the domain part of one of the email addresses. Comcast won't accept email that's currently undeliverable, and in this case it's returning that "452" temporary error code because it can't verify whether or not it's a valid email domain. The only thing you can do is figure out which address is causing the problem and remove it from your list of recipients until they get the DNS situation sorted out at the recipient end. This link shows how to turn on logging so you can see which address is causing the problem:

http://www.emailquestions.com/incredimail/234-troubleshoot-sending-receiving-problems-incredimail.ht...

If you post the domain that's having the problem we might be able to figure out exactly what the problem is.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Nuts,

Based on Comcast's response, can you post the list of email addresses and the message body you are trying to send and we'll help you figure out which one is bad.

It's also possible you got an incorrect response from Comcast. Please make sure you are using port 587 when connecting to their relays, have smtp authentication turned on, and that you are sending From: a comcast email address when using their service.

Nuts4Mutts

Valued Member
Isn't it a safety issue to post the recipients' email addresses & email message in a public forum?
I always protect people's privacy...this seems to be an unsafe procedure

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I don''t recommend it either, but you are asking for help finding the bad email address(es) in your list.

Nuts4Mutts

Valued Member
Thanks, but rather than put my family's & friend's privacy in jeopardy, I'll just send the email to each one separately...I'll find the culprit the hard way!
Thanks for your help, & my apologies for my anger earlier. I hope you understand why I find the "pay for help" policy outrageous. Even if I had extra cash I'd STILL refuse to be double-billed.