GoDaddy Abuse Desk Help

MSS Mark

New Email
We're having issues with getting our Newsletter to Godaddy / secureserver.net. We're able to get our newsletter delivered on our sending IP, but after about 40-50% delivery we're just blocked every time. This is not SPAM, these are all confirmed optins we're trying to monetize, etc. Just wondering if you could provide insight. Godaddy support has been ignoring our requests. We have tickets outstanding they never reply to, we've more or less given up.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
What is your domain name? What is your outgoing IP address? Do you know your error rate for domains hosted by Godaddy?

MSS Mark

New Email
I can certainly get you that information. What intrigued me was your comment in another thread that even 2-3 spam complaints can cause issues... is this something you heard direct from GoDaddy themselves? If true, then we should probably re-confirm subscriptions next

MSS Mark

New Email
Quick followup Q. our ESP is asking me to get them GoDaddy's Recommended Sending Settings.. eg. how they should configure the send on secureserver.net domains... # of connections, # of emails per connection, etc. so we can confirm this is all according to their specs. is this something you know? we cant find it published anywhere

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I can't guarantee I can get that information. It's likely not published so that spammers can't use it to their advantage. At best I should be able to find out what some other senders are doing related to Godaddy hosted email. How big is your list and how many recipients have Godaddy hosted email? Best guess at the moment, I'd send 1 email per connection, and trickle them in at the same rate you're sending at to Outlook.com and Yahoo Mail. If the problem is abuse reports it won't matter how slow you send them though. With Godaddy you really need to make sure only people who want the email are receiving it, and that it's very easy to unsubscribe to prevent lazy recipients from hitting the spam button. Sometimes adding how and why they are receiving the email with the unsubscribe information at the top of the message will help prevent getting marked as spam when all they really wanted was to unsubscribe.