Gmail Labs

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
What are your favorite addons that are available within Gmail Labs?

I have a couple of them enabled including :

• Authentication icon for verified senders
  • Google Docs previews in mail
  • Multiple Inboxes
  • Superstars
Which labs features add the most to your Gmail experience?

foggy

Valued Member
I'm afraid my list is completely different:

Auto-Advance (new -- thanks for your post telling us about that ! :))
Default Text Styling
Inserting Images
Mark As Read Button
Send and Archive

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I forgot to enable it before but I wanted to try out the automatic advance lab. *enabled*

Why would you want to send and archive a conversation at the same time? I thought once a conversation is archived it won't show up in your inbox if it gets a reply. Maybe that's the point reply once and be done with it? I don't see myself wanting to do that often. I must be missing a scenario worth considering.

foggy

Valued Member
I forgot to enable it before but I wanted to try out the automatic advance lab. *enabled*

Why would you want to send and archive a conversation at the same time? I thought once a conversation is archived it won't show up in your inbox if it gets a reply. Maybe that's the point reply once and be done with it? I don't see myself wanting to do that often. I must be missing a scenario worth considering.

The function of the button is to save you time and effort by keeping you from having to go back to the inbox and manually archive the email/conversation that you just replied to.

No worries: If/When you get a reply to what you just sent, it will show up in the inbox in bold as usual. :)

Big Dan

EQ Forum Moderator
Saved search is my favorite. I have one setup for in:inbox is:unread works nicely for seeing what's new at a glance.

Superstars is enabled but rarely used. I forget what star means what. :eek:

I'll have to look and see what else I have enabled.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
They are not favorites {yet} but I enabled the mark as unread, title tweaks, and Google maps preview labs today.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I suggested a lab today since it would be convenient for me if I could set some of my groups of nested labels to auto expand when there are unread emails but then auto collapse as the emails are read or deleted.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
All of a sudden "Quote Selected Text" is a useful lab for me. Probably because it works like XenForo "highlight and reply" to do a relevant partial quote.