Gmail inbox response times

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Is it just me or has Gmail been noticeably slower the past few weeks?

I thought it was my connection at home but I'm seeing the same slowness from work.

Changing labels and clicking on emails takes several seconds (5+) or more for me to navigate around my email.

Big Dan

EQ Forum Moderator
Yes it has been ridiculously slow for me. Even running searches has been slow. There were a couple of bloggers I follow complaining about it too. There was a problem in one of the data centers that only effected 2% of users supposedly Google fixed it but I'm still seeing slowness issues.

If I delete an email and go to close the tab 3 seconds later. I get the 'if you navigate away from you this page you may lose work' error from Firefox. It shouldn't take but a split second to complete the task of deleting an email.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Yeah, I noticed deleted emails having an issue too. They will pick up the trash label but the original label also sticks so I end up with deleted emails hanging out under my labels for a few extra minutes.

foggy

Valued Member
I don't use my Gmail/Google Apps anywhere near as heavily as you guys apparently do, so I hate to say this, but, for whatever reason, my Gmail is lightning fast.

{Ducking....}

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
It does seem a lot better from home tonight.

I don't think I was fixed until late this afternoon. :hammer: