free pop3/smtp access has stopped working

lcbrady80

New Email
Can someone please help me!!!
I thought I finally got Windows Live Mail to work with my yahoo! mail account (after 3 days of trying) but now I get this error message "The connection to the server has failed. Account: '127.0.0.1', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E" when trying to sync and then this error message came while I thought everything was working because it synced and downloaded my messages but then I would get this message"free pop3/smtp access to Yahoo! Mail has stopped working".
So now I don't know what to do... can someone please help me?

Thank you

lcbrady80

New Email
Yes I have downloaded the latest version...
I am getting so frustrated....
Like i said I thought I had it working, thanks to your instructions, but then I got the "free pop3/smtp access to Yahoo! Mail has stopped working" so I shut down the service and the Windows Mail and then restarted and now I get this error message "The connection to the server has failed. Account: '127.0.0.1', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"... so I don't know what to do now.
Could it be windows mail... I really hope you can help me...

Thank you for your quick reply.

lcbrady80

New Email
I have rebooted the YPOPs... but I am not able to stop email scanning with my anti-virus software... I tried everything but it won't let me disable it....
Should I just give up?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
It depends on how much you feel like tinkering with it.

YPOPS is nifty if it works for you, but there are a lot of people it simply does not work for.

In all honesty, if you want free pop3 access you should probably get a Gmail account.

-Raymond

lcbrady80

New Email
Ya I know... I have just been with yahoo for 10+ years... hard to change.
Thank you so much for you time and help.