Forwarding??? email addresses as BCC.

voyagerone

New Email
Hi.
I have received an email with about 200 live email addresses (in blue, and all underlined) to, To; (Not CC or BCC). I wish to send all these email addresses as BCC. When I copy and paste they are all dead. Do I have to add all these addresses to my address book before sending, (which I do not want to do)?
If they do have to go into my address book, is there any way of keeping them separate from all my other addresses, as once the email has been sent, I wish to delete them all from my address book. Going through and finding each one in my address book in turn to delete, would drive me up the wall.
I run Windows 10 and Windows Live mail.
Cheers,
Voyagerone.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Voyagerone,

The addresses likely do not need to be clickable for you to send the email.

As long as they are comma separated, and sending to 200 recipients is within the sending limits of your outgoing mail server settings, it should be OK.

voyagerone

New Email
Hi.
Thanks for the reply.
I have tried again this morning with no joy. The addresses (some are just names) are all comma separated. The email addresses (just a small selection) look like the following:

{ addresses removed}

And I have about two A/4 pages of them to send out. They all came to me exactly as they are now. I have not altered anything. When I go 'send' a small window appears telling me there are no matches in my address book. I did not think there had to be any. Also the window won't shut down in any form. It won't minimize, and can't be removed with the cross top right corner of the window, which I thought very strange. I have to hit enter for every email address before it will go away. Very annoying.
Another strange thing I have noticed, is that the comma separation is one space away from the text (in your sample) but up to the text in my samples. I ave touched nothing. In my 'BCC' column, where the email addresses are now, they appear as black type, but came to me blue.
Looking forward to hearing back from you.
Les.

Last edited by a moderator:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
The addresses, removed to keep them from getting abused, were not comma separated.

The addresses you posted were separated by semicolons ";" not commas ","

Last edited:

voyagerone

New Email
Hi.
Thanks. Yes, you are right. (But I have used semicolons in the past with no problems.) I will experiment and alter some email addresses to commas before I send this email off to you.
Right.
I now have copied a few email address to the BCC section and on the first removal of the first semicolon the space between the last letter of each address was gone with the semicolon in the right place, on all the email addresses. I then changed the fist address to a comma, but the system would not allow and placed a semicolon in it's place. I tried 4 times with exactly the same thing happening. It would just not accept a comma and placed a semicolon in its place.
Getting weird.
Any thoughts.
Cheers,
Les.

voyagerone

New Email
If I use 'popowiches' suggestion I can send any email ok. I have 5 email addresses for business purposes. I used them all and I was able to separate with a semi colon. I sent the 5 addresses to myself with no problem. The system, Windows Live, would not accept a comma and replaced it with a semi colon.
I have attached a screenshot of a partial page of some of the addresses in question. They are in blue. Once copied they are in black and appear dead in the water.
All I want to do is to transfer them from the 'To:' column to the BCC column by coping and pasting and send them out with my brief message.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 926

compleo

Valued Member
Since Popowwiches idea worked by manually typing & you C&P the e mail it is now inactive maybe there is an issue with "clipboard".Point being maybe Live mail is not the common denominator & the issue is elsewhere.

voyagerone

New Email
If the problem lies with the clipboard, what actions can I do? The clipboard works 100% with everything else I do, it is just when I copy and paste an address of a book purchaser from Amazon books to a Word document.
Any suggestions. It is getting very annoying.