Forward email with photos

GeneT

Valued Member
Frequently when I forward an email containing inline photos I get a message that says "One or more photos in this email can't be found do you want to send anyway". I've sent these to myself to see what the problem is and all the photos are there but not inlline and instead are attached as visible thumbs. Where the photos used to be are empty place holders with the photo description below them. How do I get the photos to forward inline as I received them?

Windows Live Mail
Windows 7 Home Premium

THERESA

Customer Service
Have you tried changing the photo settings? I chose to send some inline and they worked fine for me. I then forwarded them back to another email address I use for testing and everything worked without errors.

(you can click on the images to enlarge them)

insert photo album tools.png

format photo album tools.png

add more for album.png

If you choose the photo album option, you can then click on "add more photos" to add more to the album you create.

GeneT

Valued Member
What version of Windows Live Mail do you have? Mine does not look like that. I have no Photos Tools!

GeneT

Valued Member
I do not have a problem attaching photos to emails that I send. The problems is forwarding emails with pictures that are not attached but are inline in the body of the email. When I forward them it strips out the email from the body and attaches them leaving behind empty place holders.

THERESA

Customer Service
I am sending an email address to you in a private message. Can you forward one to me so I can see it?

THERESA

Customer Service
I haven't figured out how to fix the missing pics from their place in the original email BUT I did find a way to change them from attachments to pics inline. Use the tools shown in the screenshots. (click to enlarge if needed)

I chose the selection circled in red to switch to from the attachments that showed up by default

attachments.png

inline.png