fortsolution@aol.com

jdferr95

New Email
:thanks:I would like to know if the email address fortsolution@aol.com is a valid business email address. I've received messages from them pertaining to a job where I cash checks from the get a % then Western Union them the rest. Tried to cash check yesterday, my bank is keeping a hold on it for 7-10 business days.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Woah! Danger! :eek:

Sounds like a bank scam to me and that you could end up with an empty bank account.

The bank should have confiscated the check and given it to their fraud dept.

Call them up right now and explain to them all of the details. They'll take it from there.

I would also recommend reporting the email abuse to the associated ISP's.

Can you post a copy of the full email and headers as a reply to this thread?

Hopefully it's not too late. Good luck!

:welcome: to Email Questions!

Thinker20

New Email
I also received an email inquiring if I was interested in employment with the following post within the email;

Check e-mail three times per day.
Preparing brief summary reports, and weekly financial reports.
Proficiency in using Microsoft Office.
Good communication skills in English (both verbal and written)
Possess well interpersonal skills.
Self-motivated and capable of working independently.
US Citizen, GC Holder
We offer

Salary plus commissions: $85,000-$95,000 per year
401(k) plan
Employment type: full-time/part-time

Now in today's economic downturn who would have to solicit via email to find someone to take a job paying $85,000 - $95,000. If this were a valid job people would be lined up from the east coast to the west coast.

NEVER GIVE PEOPLE MONEY UNLESS THE CHECK HAS CLEARED THE BANK AND THAT WILL NOT BE HAPPENING.

The biggest clue is to google the company name and see if you come up with a valid web site. !!!

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING !!!!!!!