font keeps changing by itself

debbiegoings

New Email
I change my font and font size in emails, but as I am typing, it reverts back to what it wants to be! Something I have never selected! I'm not sure it's even the same every time, though it seems to be either Arial or Calabri. How can I get it to stay where I want it?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Please see our guide for How to change the default font in Outlook Express.

The steps in this guide should be similar to those needed in most e-mail programs.

It is also possible for a font you are not expecting to appear if you copy/paste text with another font into a compose window.

When this happens I use these steps to fix the problem:

• Click the last word that is using the font I want
  • Use the arrow keys to move to the end of the word
  • Hit enter twice
  • Hit backspace twice
Now when you continue typing it should be in the same font as the previous word.

Please let us know if either solution is the fix to your problem. Thank you.

-Raymond

debbiegoings

New Email
You responded that I should learn how to change the default font in Outlook Express, but I am not using Outlook Express; I am using yahoo.

Thank-you for your help!

Debbie

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Debbie,

Apologies, I was not sure which e-mail program you were using.

The second part about hitting enter and backspace as a fix to reset the font still applies.

If I am using big text I see how sometimes the first time I hit enter it changes back to the regular small text font.

When that happens if I hit backspace until I reach the last big text, hit enter, and then continue typing the text remains big on the second try.

Yahoo Rich Text.JPG

Please let me know if this solution fixes the problem for you.

Thank you,

-Raymond