Emails from phone don't disappear when I open thunderbird

maria

New Email
Hi! I have this problem: I have synchronize my phone with hotmail and I receive them there but they do not disappear when I open thunderbird like they did before. I have to delete emails multiple times from my hotmail account, my phone and thunderbird and it's frustrating. Also, I don't receive any emails in my phone because there is no room anymore. Can someone help me?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I'm not exactly sure of the phone problem, but try moving some videos/pictures to your computer and power cycle your phone. Does that help with your phone? Which mail app are you using on your phone? In Thunderbird do you have Hotmail configured as an IMAP account?

maria

New Email
With thunderbird I have POP account and on the phone it doesn't have a name. It's a huawei phone and there was always an app which said "email"

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
In Thunderbird add the Hotmail account again this time as an IMAP account. When that's confirmed working and you don't see old email you need anymore in the POP3 version of the settings, it should be safe to remove the POP3 version of the account from your Thunderbird.

I don't have a Huawei phone, but it appears when adding an account in that email app about half way through the setup you'll be asked for the server type and have the option to select IMAP instead of POP3.