Emails are not being sent

Juren

New Email
I use Outlook and download all my emails (I do not use the Yahoo website for email). The past few days I have had a huge amount of emails which did not go through and have bounced back undeliverable. I have also received a couple of spam emails which appear to be from my account but I did not send. Has there been a general problem with yahoo mail going through the past 2 days? If not, how can I have my address reset so that it is not flagged as a spam email and my message can go through. I have been using this email for 8+ years and do not want to have to change everything.

Thanks!

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Who is your ISP and what SMTP server are you using for sending your email?

Does your ISP also offer a webmail service?

It's possible that your account has been compromised and someone is sending spam from the webmail account.

Change your password and if this is an ISP account (not a free webmail) notify your ISP that you think there may have been an account compromise so they can adjust any in-house filters.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

Juren

New Email
Thanks for the suggestions. My ISP is Comcast. Not sure what you mean by SMTP, but I use Yahoo and subscribe to their POP3 service so I can download and send from Outlook.

Since it is my Yahoo address that is giving me problems, I presume there is no point in contacting Comcast -- they will point me to Yahoo. Also, changing my password might stop emails if my account were hacked, but it would have no affect if someone were simply using my email address, correct? Also, it does not appear that chaning my password would help my emails to be sent and not bounce back.

Am I understanding your suggestions correctly? Thanks!

Jenn

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Jenn,

Can you copy/paste a couple of the bounces into a reply so we can see the exact error messages?

:thanks:

Juren

New Email
Here are a few:

Mail server for "comcast.net" unreachable for too long
Mail server for "aol.com" unreachable for too long
Mail server for "nc.rr.com" unreachable for too long

For several days they were primarily this same message. Since it is multiple email providers, is it an issue on my end or theirs?

I also got:

Remote host said: 550 SC-001 Unfortunately, messages from 98.139.213.149 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
98.139.213.149 is a Yahoo mail server.

From the errors above it looks like that server either lost outgoing network connectivity to the internet, lost connectivity to a mail server it's configured to relay through, or it could not do DNS lookups anymore.

Any of these cases I'd expect to be a temporary issue within Yahoo.

Has the problem already fixed itself? If not we can forward the info to a contact over at Yahoo and let them know to double check 98.139.213.149.