Email

Michael Chia

New Email
Hi, am new here n I need clarification on yahoo mails. Early this week had received an email from Yahoo Email Administrator informing that my email account has exceeded the 30g allowed and that unless I upgrade I would not be able to receive or send emails from the account. I clicked on the link and there are a string of questions - user, email address, password etc to be filled in. I want to know whether yahoo mails has maximum number of gigs for users and whether this email I received is spam or from yahoo.

BRgds/Tks/Michael Chia

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Oh no, Michael! Never reply to an email that asks for your password!

Those are called phishing emails, and they are used by spammers/hacked to trick you into giving them your username and password so they can steal your account from you.

If you can still login please change your Yahoo password immediately.

Then, follow these steps - www.emailquestions.com/yahoo-mail/6627-prevent-your-yahoo-mail-account-being-hacked.html

If your account has already been stolen please check this guide for help:

http://www.emailquestions.com/yahoo...t-password-regain-control-hacked-account.html

:welcome: to Email Questions!

Michael Chia

New Email
Hi, my email was not compromised as I did not reply to the upgrading request to fill in all the particulars - email address, pass words, secret questions etc. I had however reply to them asking whether this is from yahoo n not spam n the email bounced back as undelivered. Thank you very much for the advise. BRgds/Michael

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Michael,

It's great to hear that you did not reply and give them your password!

THERESA

Customer Service
Hi, my email was not compromised as I did not reply to the upgrading request to fill in all the particulars - email address, pass words, secret questions etc. I had however reply to them asking whether this is from yahoo n not spam n the email bounced back as undelivered. Thank you very much for the advise. BRgds/Michael

Good for you!!! :yay: MANY people fall for this even though there are warnings everywhere about answering them. Make sure you follow the precautions to secure your account in the links above to be as safe as possible.