email window closes during use

evie

New Email
Hello - my email window closes every three minutes or so while I am typing the text. I have to go to 'drafts' every time to retrieve the email and continue with it, and I invariably lose some of the text. It's very annoying and time consuming :mad:! I imagine there must be a way of changing this, but I can't for the life of me figure out what to do. Can anybody help?

evie

New Email
Hi Theresa, and thank you for replying to my question. My email provider is care2.com : I have used them for years with no trouble, ever, but have a new laptop (with Windows 8) and all of a sudden I'm having this problem. I feel sure it can be remedied easily, if only I knew what to do eg. change a setting somewhere?

THERESA

Customer Service
:welcome:
That is an email I am not familiar with. I have a busy day today but will try to make an account later tonight or tomorrow morning and see if I can figure it out for you. Hang in there. If you figure it out before that, PLEASE post the fix here so we can help others having the same problem.

:thanks:

evie

New Email
Hi Theresa, and thank you for taking the time to investigate. I will look forward to your next post. :thanks:

THERESA

Customer Service
I am still looking into it. We make test accounts for all email programs that we hear of to test them and check settings and answer questions. I have good news and bad news. The good news is, we do have an email questions email for care2.com. The bad news is we didn't log it with our paperwork so we are in the process of resetting it and they are taking their sweet time.

I thought it would be faster for me to create another account for myself to check into it since they were taking too long to send us a password reset. Unfortunately, new email accounts can't be created anymore. We are stuck waiting for their password reset email (which should be instantaneous)

I would be glad to check the settings on your email for you but of course you would have to let me have access to your email account to do so. (which is something we would always advise against on our site due to scams) If you want to send me a private message with your information, I would look at it for you. I would log in, check all of your settings and log right back out and let you know what I could find. (if anything) If not, I totally understand and we will have to wait and hope we get the reset for the password for our account.

I also sent them a message under "contact us" and am waiting for a reply to that too. They are very slow at answering questions.

THERESA

Customer Service
Hi again Evie,

I'm sorry but we have not received a reply to reset our password and they have not responded to my request to have an email account to help people that need it. That leads us to believe that they just aren't supporting the free email program anymore. Although you still have it, it would be difficult to get answers or resolve problems by contacting them.

If you ever decide you want me to check your account, let me know. I would be glad to do it. I would only check your settings and send myself a test message or two to try to resolve it. Send me a PRIVATE message with your information at the following link:

http://www.emailquestions.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=2

If they answer us, I will let you know immediately and try to solve your problem. In the meantime, if you figure anything out, let us know.:)

evie

New Email
Hi Theresa - I didn't realise how complicated this would be, I thought maybe it was just a question of tweaking a setting, only I can't see any way of accessing a 'settings' window in my email programme, if you see what I mean!

I did try care2.com's support link before coming on this forum, but all the advice I received was to use Internet Explorer for accessing care2.com - which I do anyway, and have always done.

I'm beginning to think it may be the computer itself : as I mentioned, it's new one and has Windows 8 (which I find very tricky in lots of respects). I may investigate that route, if only to eliminate it.

I really appreciate your interest in the issue, and the effort you have made to find out what's going on - it certainly seems that care2.com are being less than helpful!

all the best, evie :thanks:

THERESA

Customer Service
If they ever answer me, I will let you know. Good luck! Let me know if you figure it out in the meantime.

THERESA

Customer Service
I'm sorry Evie. It seems they just don't care to support the free accounts anymore. They have ignored our request to reset our password and my request to start an account to help answer questions.

Your best bet would be to start a new account like gmail. If I were you, I would copy my entire address book NOW in case they stop supporting it altogether or something happens and you can't get back into your account. I would also forward any important emails you may have to an account that you can trust. (gmail etc) Do it NOW before you run into a problem. If it's already acting goofy, it may only be a matter of time before you can't get in at all and you don't want to lose anything important!!