Email Validation

sathishkm

New Email
Hi All,

I have a list of 5000 email addresses. I need to check whether these emails are existing. How could I do. I tried to send few test mails with gmail account. But I am not satisfied with the result. Is there any way to check?

rfs9999

IMAP Tools
Yes, you can do it the same way that an MTA determines whether a remote recipient is valid, through an SMTP dialog with his MTA.

I wrote a Perl script that can be used to validate a list of recipients. Here is how it works (using rfs9999@earthlink.net for valid and not_anybody@aol.com as invalid recipients).

1. Look up the recipient's domain in DNS to find the MX hosts which serve that domain.

2. Make a connection on port 25 to one of the MX hosts for the domain

3. Start an SMTP dialog with the key piece being RCPT TO:<recip> and reading the response from the server.

4. The MTA will respond by saying the recipient is OK or giving a reason why it won't accept a message for him. The recipient may be invalid, his mailbox may be full, etc. Any number of reasons.

5. Close the connection and write the results. For example:

rfs9999@earthlink.net: valid recipient address

not_anybody@aol.com: 550 5.1.1 <not_anybody@aol.com>: Recipient address rejected: aol.com

If you want a copy of the script send me an e-mail.

-Rick

NeverBounce

New Email
There are many validation services on the market. At NeverBounce, we do dynamic validation every single time we run a list. Many other companies do the same. Some however, run their lists against internal databases. Really depends on what you need.