email to shaw.ca

donandpattie

New Email
My wife has a yahoo email account and continuously gets bounced when she sends an email to anyone on shaw.ca. We have been told (by shaw) that this is a yahoo server problem. What can we do about it? Is Yahoo doing anything about it?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Please full the full bounce message into a reply so we can help you solve the problem.

:thanks: and :welcome: to Email Questions!

donandpattie

New Email
Here is a copy of one of the "bounced" email returns:

"--- On Sat, 2/12/11, MAILER-DAEMON@nm24.bullet.mail.sp2.yahoo.com <MAILER-DAEMON@nm24.bullet.mail.sp2.yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: MAILER-DAEMON@nm24.bullet.mail.sp2.yahoo.com <MAILER-DAEMON@nm24.bullet.mail.sp2.yahoo.com>
> Subject: Failure Notice
> To: pattie.sewell@yahoo.com
> Date: Saturday, February 12, 2011, 4:18 PM
> Sorry, we were unable to deliver your
> message to the following address.
>
> <louzee@shaw.ca>:
> Message expired for domain shaw.ca. Remote host said: 452
> Too many recipients received this hour [RCPT_TO]"

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Shaw looks to be deferring the connections becuase they are getting "too much" email from Yahoo.

Most likely there is some global limit in place on their servers only allowing X number of emails per domain or sending IP address.

My best guess is that Shaw needs to increase the limit to allow more email from bigger senders such as Yahoo.

Ask Shaw what the limit is and why it's being reached.

donandpattie

New Email
We have contacted Shaw and they say nothing is wrong with their server. They are rejecting Yahoo because it is too aggressive (what ever that means).

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I disagree and think it's an issue that needs to be fixed at Shaw.

I passed the information to someone at Shaw who might be able to get you a better answer and resolution.