email problem

Ellen

New Email
I am having trouble viewing my email in my inbox. It says I have 4 new emails but nothing comes up n it will not download

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Ellen,

Which email service are you using? Also, how do you read your email?
  • Are you using their webmail, such as outlook.com?
  • a mail program on your computer such as Windows Live Mail?
  • An app on your phone to read your email?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Ellen,

Hotmail on an iPhone / iPad this happens often enough and has some common troubleshooting:
  • Power off your phone and turn it back on. That will clear any immediate glitches.
  • Scroll down in your inbox. Depending on your settings, sometimes replies to emails are not at the top of your inbox.
  • Turn on the Unread folder in the iOS mail app
To turn on the unread "smart folder" in your iOS mail app please follow these steps:

How to see all unread email on an iPhone iPad | Email Questions

Ellen

New Email
I actually tried both of your options to no avail. I sat thinking the situation over n it came to me that my inbox froze up right after my daughter told me she sent 2 videos to me but they didn't come through so she resent them n that is when everything happened. So last night I hit the search above the inbox n hit downloads and all mail suddenly popped up n everything was fine. I trashed the videos without opening for I strongly believe there was something in them that locked it all up. But I want to thank you for the help you sent me.