email photo issues

bc6152

New Email
I receive photos with emails and they are blank with a small box in the left corner with a red "X". No matter what I do I cannot open these photos.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

We need some information to help you troubleshoot this problem.

Which provider/program are you using? Hotmail, Yahoo, Outlook Express, something else?

What kind of picture is it? JPG, BMP, GIF, something else?

Is the sender on your safe senders list?

Are you expecting a picture from the sender?

-Raymond

bc6152

New Email
The sender is not blocked. I cannot determine what type of photo it is as it is not identified anywhere in the email. I get the message text and outlines where a photo should be. There are 6 blocks with written descriptions of the photo, but no photos. Inside the blocks at the top left is a tiny square with a red "X" inside.

Big Dan

EQ Forum Moderator
Hi BC,

Window's mail blocks all images by default for security purposes. You can try enabling images by doing the following.

From the main Window's Mail screen click on Tools then Options. Switch to the Security tab and untick Block images and other external content in HTML e-mail. Close the program and go back and see if you can see the pictures now.

Here's a screen shot to help you find your way:
Capture.JPG

bc6152

New Email
Big Dan: This is apparently not the answer. I went into tools and looked at the security section. The box you suggested was not checked in the first place. Thanks anyway for the suggestion. I'll keep trying...

Big Dan

EQ Forum Moderator
Sorry it didn't work out CB. We'll try and narrow it down though. Are you running and firewall, anti-spyware, or other security software on your computer?

Can you try and post a screen shot of what you're seeing when you cannot see an image? Start > All Programs > Accessories > Snipping Tool, highlight the section of screen you want to take a picture of and save it then attach here. :) Thanks.

Big Dan

EQ Forum Moderator
Bob I got the email but no images. The email you sent me looks like it was forwarded several times, often times images get lost in translation so to speak. AOL mail, which I seen the message came though once or twice is notorious for that.

Still not seeing images shouldn't happen all the time. Are you running any firewalls, anti-spyware, or antivirus apps on your machine?