Email not received in squirrelmail inbox

whdashboard

New Email
Hello,

I have configured the squirrelmail on the server with sendmail and dovecot. I am able to send mail but when any one reply me or send me mail, I am not able to received that mails in "squirrelmail INBOX". The mail display in "/var/spool/mail" directory. I am not able to understand where I am wrong.

Please help me how to resolve this issue.

Thanks and regards,

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

In this file:

/etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-mail.conf

Try setting:

mail_location = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u

That should be all that's needed for dovecot to see the mail in /var/spool/mail

:welcome: to Email Questions!

whdashboard

New Email
Hello,

When I place a mail_location in " /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-mail.conf" file.

mail_location = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u

I am getting this error :

ERROR: Could not complete request.
Query: SELECT "INBOX"
Reason Given: [SERVERBUG] Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. [2013-04-21 05:05:23]

Please tell me how to resolve it.

Thanks and regards,

whdashboard

New Email
Hello,

Thank you popowich,

Issue has been fixed. there are some errors like :

Apr 21 05:34:23 server dovecot: imap(promotions): Error: mkdir(/home/promotions/mail/.imap/INBOX) failed: Operation not permitted

Apr 21 05:44:24 server dovecot: imap(promotions): Error: chown(/home/promotions/mail/.imap/INBOX

I have just made changes :

[root@server .imap]# mdkir INBOX
[root@server .imap]# chown promotions.promotions INBOX/
[root@server .imap]# cd INBOX/

and the issue has been fixed.
Thank you very much

Koodli

New Email
Hello,
I actually triedwhat you have mentioned above and it works, thanks! but I have more than 200 users and 20 groups, It will be very difficult for me to create INBOX for each and everyone. Please suggest if I can solve this by any other way!

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi @Koodli

It should be easy to create the INBOX and permissions with a simple shell script.

Do you know how to make a script with bash or perl?

If not, this is an excellent task to start learning how to program loops against a text file full of data such as usernames and reading the rest of the needed info from /etc/passwd

jorge juarez

New Email
ERROR: Could not complete request.
Query: SELECT "INBOX"
Reason Given: [SERVERBUG] Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information.

hello I keep getting this when i log on and I keep looking for ways to fix it but i really can't could you help me please