Email issues

jess951

New Email
I have been having this issue since this morning. I use Horde Email as an interface to access and read my emails.

Every time I log in or when I'm logged in and want to click into a different folder, link, or option in the email program I get this message that makes me retype my user name and password.

HTTP error 401

Invalid security token

The requested URL does not contain your session’s correct security token.
You may have reached this error by copying and pasting a URL from a different cPanel, WHM, or Webmail session into your browser’s address bar. To resolve this situation, please take one of the following steps:

• Go back one page and reload the URL, making sure that the /cpsess.../ section of the URL remains the same.
  • Re-enter your account’s password below. This will assign your session a new security token. This new token will prevent you from using other pages of this application that may be open in other tabs.
Request information

Requested page: horde/imp/folders.php

I put in my user name and password every single time and the problem hasn't gone away because I have to keep entering this information everytime I click on something else in my web program. I don't know what the issue is that caused this and how to fix it.

Can you help?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Did you install horde+imp on your own web server?

Are you using the install that comes with a control panel package?

This sounds like a session issue.

I'd start by checking the sessions configuration in the main config. (database or file path, permissions, etc)

If I know a little more about how/what installed horde I may be able to give you more specific directions.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

jess951

New Email
Yes, Horde comes with the control panel I use called Cpanel. There are two other email interface options I can view my emails on the web with but I have been working with Horde.

Hmmm. I'm not sure where to look based on what you described below but I will try looking around to see what I can get familiar with from what you have suggested so far. Thank you!