email is contaminated by bing

tinaloun

New Email
I have aol email account. 2 days ago when trying to read my mail, I was unable to read content. Everytime I press read, bing search engine is displayed as my content. If I hit reply, I am sometimes able to scroll down and read mail. I have removed bing as a possible search engine through internet explorer, but still not having any luck with mail. Also bing showed up on my toolbar.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Did you remove the Bing toolbar from your internet explorer?

I wasn't sure if that was included in the "removed as much as possible" part?

Do you see Bing listed as installed under your Start -> Run -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs ?

If you see it there you might have more than the web browser toolbar that needs to be uninstalled.

Did you recently install any new programs that might have included Bing search services?

:welcome: to Email Questions!

tinaloun

New Email
:thanks: I looked for most recent installed program and deleted it. Poof, problem gone Thank you:siterock:
I have aol email account. 2 days ago when trying to read my mail, I was unable to read content. Everytime I press read, bing search engine is displayed as my content. If I hit reply, I am sometimes able to scroll down and read mail. I have removed bing as a possible search engine through internet explorer, but still not having any luck with mail. Also bing showed up on my toolbar.