Email deliverability questions

mr.inbox

New Email
Hello,

i got a few questions and would like to have more info on them.
any info will be appreciated.

1. How to validate yahoo emails without 3d party services?
2. Does Yahoo use real-time or long-term reputation? How to impact on it?
3. How to impact POP3 and IMAP user reaction on IP and domain reputation?
4. What blacklists are Gmail using?
5. What metrcis are most important for Gmail Yahoo Hotmail reputation? Open, click, reply, move email form spam folder?
6. Gmail red marker in email header. When it appears and how to prevent?
7. How to reduce SRD volume on Hotmail?
8. What time frames using Hotmail Yahoo Gmail for domain and IP reputation review and change?
9. How to detect spamtraps?
10. Do you know the big spamtraps and warning emails databases?
11. Did you able to increase sender reputation with some hucks?
12. What is the most useful sending volume per IP on Gmail Yahoo Hotmail

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
How to validate yahoo emails without 3d party services?

DMARC - Home – dmarc.org

Does Yahoo use real-time or long-term reputation? How to impact on it?

Large email service providers can use hundreds/thousands of checks when determining if they should accept an email, and if they do accept, how it should be delivered.

The sender score of the senders outgoing IP address is a nice report card and place to start when working on reputation issues.

How to impact POP3 and IMAP user reaction on IP and domain reputation?

I don't believe these are related, except for maybe that POP3 users won't get emails delivered to the spam folder (outside the inbox) unless they login to webmail and look for them.

What blacklists are Gmail using?

This information is not published. There is some speculation around which blacklists matter more in their decision making process.

I'd worry more about the sender score mentioned above, and What all Email Marketers need to Know about Gmail

What metrcis are most important for Gmail Yahoo Hotmail reputation? Open, click, reply, move email form spam folder?

In general, clicks matter more than opens, and other positive actions can be good too.

Gmail red marker in email header. When it appears and how to prevent?

I see red and yellow banners in my spam folder. It appears that common spam had been demoted to yellow, and red is for phishing scams and other attempts to steal critical account information.

Send good email to recipients that want the email, from a dedicated IP that is only sending that type of email, and you'll be off to a good start. Mixing types of email, quality of email, and sharing with other senders will cause problems.

How to reduce SRD volume on Hotmail?

See above about sending good email only to recipients that want to get the email.

Don't buy lists. Don't send to email addresses that have not taken a positive action in more than 6 months.

What time frames using Hotmail Yahoo Gmail for domain and IP reputation review and change?

These changes are real time. If you are a problem, they'll know fast, and if you're a good sender with a temporary problem they'll usually figure it out within a couple days.

It can take a few days since not all users read their email in real time, so it might take a few days for spam complaints and other problems to stop after the source of the problem has been fixed.

How to detect spamtraps?

Don't add email to your lists unless it's been double confirmed.

This is old but still has some good tips - Top 10 Email Marketing Tips

If you're having a problem with bad email lists, you can start over with a reputable email newsletter service such as MailChimp to correct the problems.

Do you know the big spamtraps and warning emails databases?

If you need a database to clean your list, you're already in big trouble.

The article mentioned above mentions such a service if you really want to try one - What all Email Marketers need to Know about Gmail

Did you able to increase sender reputation with some hucks?

No hacks needed, sending good email to those that want it is all you need to do.

What is the most useful sending volume per IP on Gmail Yahoo Hotmail

I wouldn't send too much email too fast from a new IP address. If you have an established IP address with a great sender score there isn't a limit on the volume of good email that you can send.

unlocktheinbox

Unlock The Inbox
Hello,
1. How to validate yahoo emails without 3d party services?
Most 3rd Party Services, that validate yahoo domains will always return "Valid", because yahoo SMTP Validation tests always returns a valid result. A few validation services have figured out a tricky way to validate yahoo addresses that doesn't involved SMTP validation. But even with the trick you get limited to about 100 validations a day per IP. You can try your luck with my Single Email Validator, but since it's a heavily used service, a lot of times you will get an unable to validate result - because my limitation was reached.

Hello,
4. What blacklists are Gmail using?
Gmail doesn't use public blacklists, they have their own internal filtering system. I spoke with a few of the google engineers and they have different layers of filtering based on reputation.

Hello,
9. How to detect spamtraps?
Spam traps are normally called "Catch-all" domains - basically meaning - every address you SMTP validate return a positive results (When you see this pattern you stay away from those email addresses) - Email verification systems - can normally figure out which domains are spam traps because they have the data to figure it out.

Last edited by a moderator: