EQ Forum Admin
I was asked earlier today why I do not like catch all functionality for email domains.What was your reason for not using catchalls?
First some pros:
- users do not need to worry about typos
- users do not need to create multiple forwards
- users will receive more spam
- the incoming mail server(s) for the domain need more CPU to filter the additional spam that is accepted
- Catchall functionality breaks some ISP functionality including valid recipient checking
I do like extended email addresses such as the firstname.lastname@example.org, which are essentially the same thing.