email.biz review

Rakesh

Greylisted
Hello,

Recently, Guava Softs Pvt. Ltd. an India based web services firm has launched new portal of email.biz. I'd like to share my impressions of the email services that will save your lot of time. Although this project is in phase 1 & it will get some time to complete.

It offers a variety of services, you can access any email id from email.biz including gmail, yahoomail and @yourdomain.com, which provides safe and secure access to your POP or IMAP email accounts from any web browser or mobile phones. With Email.biz, users can access the server through the internet from any device and any place around the world.

Infact even official email ID's, which earlier could be accessed only in offices by logging onto Microsoft Outlook, can be accessed even after office hours via Email.biz. And in no way will your account's security be compromised. You can use Email.biz to access your official email and still keep your ID's, passwords and email messages absolutely secure.

Unlike most of the webmail providers that use full page reloads, it provides you in browser tab facility that lets you open and switch instantly between multiple common tasks.

Apart from this you can also Get youe free email account @email.biz & can also create your shortest email id with just $8/year. Email.biz has a database of more than 15000 premium domains on which you can make your email id that will define your name, business or your profession.

Together with Email.biz you get a very large storage capacity of 100 GB to store important files and documents.

Overall, the service is reliable. I would recommend it to personalized & enterprise email providers.

Feel free to drop me a comment if you have additional questions about the product.

Rakesh Kumar

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Rakesh,

Do you represent or work for email.biz?

Infact even official email ID's, which earlier could be accessed only in offices by logging onto Microsoft Outlook, can be accessed even after office hours via Email.biz. And in no way will your account's security be compromised. You can use Email.biz to access your official email and still keep your ID's, passwords and email messages absolutely secure.
I have some issues with this statement. First, no service is absolutely secure. Also, sites that collect 3rd party logins are better targets for hackers/phishers since they can potentially gain access to more accounts per compromised user. Last, how does your service get into corporate exchange accounts? It sounds like if it's possible at all you need the users OWA settings, or it isn't possible and is a misleading claim. Either way, an employee providing the login credentials for a company email account to a 3rd party site is likely a violation of the users corporate IT & security policies.

From the free account section of the web site:

Get anyname @ anydomain.biz
That also is not true, your service does not have access to the email hosting for every domain within .biz.

The service claims to have access to over 15000 biz domains. That sounds more plausible.

Is this mail service associated in any way with a .biz domain registrar? Are you buying up domains as the expire?

Overall, the above post is either a really bad SEO job, or a bad review by a service stakeholder.

Either way, as is, I'd caution visitors and advise them not to try the service.

Some people like to try new accounts, I'd warn them not to link other email accounts.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
(last updated 12/20/2012) Number of times someone registered to promote {spam} this service - 3

Rakesh

Greylisted
Thanking for taking time to go thru email.biz services. Of course, sites that collect 3rd party logins are not secure. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your email address and password and any additional identifying information (“Personal Data”) required for your use of any of the features of any of the email.biz Services.

Secondly, Email.biz provides services to get into your corporate exchange account to access your emails. You just have enter your email id and password. As you say that an employee providing the login credentials for a company email account to a 3rd party site is likely a violation of the users corporate IT & security policies, then where an employee should go to check his emails? Definitely your answer will be Outlook, which is also a 3rd party software (Microsoft) developed by 3rd party developers. Not every company has its own software to access their emails. They have to use 3rd party (trusted) softwares to fulfill their needs. And everything goes on trust.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
There is a HUGE difference between using Outlook on your company provided laptop, or your personal/work cell phone via some exchange/OWA connector, and saving your username and password into a service not provided by your company. It's bad enough people enter user/pass for personal mail accounts when trying to consolidate, but encouraging them to provide access to their corporate accounts is just wrong.

THERESA

Customer Service
Popoiwch, you are dead on!! There are too many ways now for hackers and phishers to get people's information. You are asking for trouble by giving them yet another avenue of attack.

THERESA

Customer Service
...continued:

so basically if email.biz were hacked, thousands upon thousands of people's corporate accounts would be compromised. It's just not worth it. It's not like Aunt Sally's personal email getting hacked, this is much bigger and more dangerous. There could be HUGE repercussions for a company if their information was accessed and compromised.

I know just recently it happened here. RGE (our local gas and electric company) was using a third party web developer and their customer's social security numbers were hacked. They had to pay for all of the affected customers to get free credit monitoring for a year. In my opinion, that's not enough. There is no excuse for that!

Rakesh

Greylisted
Dear Popowich, you mean to say that an Outlook installed on a laptop provided by a company is secure. I am exclaimed! So if a corporate account is hacked, company is solely responsible for that because it was used only on a laptop provided by a company. Please be a little practical popowich.

Secondly, email.biz does not save your username and password. You just have to go through the terms of email.biz at https://www.email.biz/terms.php where it is stated that:

"Your password associated with any email address used to login through Universal Login System is not stored at anytime. However, your contacts from other IDs are retrieved after obtaining your consent, but only for your convenience while composing emails. And emails retrieved are deleted from our systems at the most in 48 hours."

I don't think at any point that email.biz is prone to be hacked because it has 256-bit encrypted connection while transferring data over the internet. It may be possible that someone's account is hacked, and the reason may be that he/she has created a weak password.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
you mean to say that an Outlook installed on a laptop provided by a company is secure.

More secure than giving your company login details to a third party company.

I am exclaimed!

:yay:

"Your password associated with any email address used to login through Universal Login System is not stored at anytime. However, your contacts from other IDs are retrieved after obtaining your consent, but only for your convenience while composing emails. And emails retrieved are deleted from our systems at the most in 48 hours."

That's interesting.

I don't think at any point that email.biz is prone to be hacked

Everyone is a target whether you know it or not :)

it has 256-bit encrypted connection

That's weak.

It may be possible that someone's account is hacked, and the reason may be that he/she has created a weak password.

That is true, weak passwords, phishing, etc are causes for hacked accounts.

BTW, please call off your spammers. There have been dozens of spam posts promoting your service recently that need to be filtered through and deleted. Please hire better quality marketers. If you are working with a 3rd party SEO firm they should be fired, they're outright spammers. It's yet another reason for people to distrust your company.