Email attachment problems

flo

New Email
All of a sudden I can no longer attach files to an email without getting "Try again - file cannot be sent". Then I have to go "switch" and it allows me to attach the files. These files are small like I have always attached and sent previously. Did something change in Yahoo email for att.net?
Please advise me as to what to do.
Thank You,
Flo

THERESA

Customer Service
I don' understand what go "switch" means. Also are you trying to send from your desk top or your phone?

flo

New Email
Theresa,
I am trying to send from a desktop. I've tried my computer at home and at work. "Switch" is one of the options at the bottom of the email where the attachments show when it tells me it can't send the file.
My choices are "Try again", "Remove", "Switch", "Report a problem".
When I hit "Switch" it allows to attach any file.

I can send an attachment just fine from my IPhone.

THERESA

Customer Service
Are you using yahoo classic or the newer yahoo mail?
Are you using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or another browser?

I am using yahoo classic in a Mozilla Firefox browser to troubleshoot and that is working fine for me.

Hedgehog

New Email
I'm having the same problem with attachments. Same message and frustrating red ex-point. I've been able to attach same size and type of attachments every month in the past. Not this month.

There is no 'change' option at the bottom of my rejected e-mails. Try again. Remove all. Report a Problem are the only options that I see.:hammer:

Hedgehog

New Email
Works in Classic with Foxfire. Does not work in 'New'. Something 'new' has been added in the past month. Arrrrgh!

Hedgehog

New Email
Thank you, Theresa. Looks like I'll have to use Classic if I want to send attachments. As usual in the cyber world, the 'new and improved' is not always better and often causes problems. There are some features of the New Yahoo Mail that I do like. The one causing the attachment problem appears to be a recent add-on.:thanks:

Last edited by a moderator:

THERESA

Customer Service
I HATE change so I will use the classic until it's obsolete. Facebook is a perfect example of a company that continually changes things that are working just fine and people get upset. That's why they say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." lol