Duplicate gmail addresses

kbrumm

New Email
My email address is kbrumm@gmail.com and I have been receiving messages
for several other people at this address. This began about 9 months ago. I have repeatedly written to. Postmaster@gmail.com with no response. I have also been missing emails that should have come to me ( like resetting a forgotten password). So far I have received emails intended for:
Kevin Brumm possibly from Georgia
Kathy Brumm from Missouri

My name is Karen Brumm from NY

I have had this account for about 15 years and it would create a real problem to change it. Can you help?
Thanks,
Karen

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Karen,

Are the emails addressed To: you?

Are any of the emails in the format To: username+something@gmail.com?

I have the same issue, having my address given out by others with a similar name, and sometimes "hackers" (malicious 3rd parties?) using my username+something@gmail.com and signing up for popular services then trying to trick me into password resets etc.

I filter some of the specific To: myUsername+something@gmail.com directly to the spam folder.

I understand that it can be an annoyance, but there is probably nothing you can do about it most of the time.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

kbrumm

New Email
Thank you for the prompt response. I was not concerned at first about the
'Wrong number' emails and have just been deleting them, but for the past several days I have been trying to log into an account I haven't used in a while and it kept saying wrong username or password so thinking I have just forgotten the password I used the Forgotten password options and received the reply that a message has been sent to my gmail account. I have not received any messages from them. I have used this account so I know I have one with the username being my gmail address.

I have also had a problem logging into a yahoo account I have had forever. Same problem as above. This hadn't concerned me so much as I don't use yahoo for anything important, but it does concern me when it involves my gmail account.

Why do you think I am not receive the reset password message?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Karen,

How long has it been since you logged into the Hotmail and Yahoo accounts?

Yahoo and Microsoft will deactivate and eventually delete inactive accounts.

You may need to prove your identity to get back the accounts if they have been compromised:

http://www.emailquestions.com/hotma...l-password-regain-control-hacked-account.html

http://www.emailquestions.com/yahoo...t-password-regain-control-hacked-account.html

After you recover the accounts I strongly recommend turning on 2 factor authentication.

kbrumm

New Email
I do not have a hotmail account as they expire in 30 days ( or used to?) and I'm not concerned about the yahoo acct, but you did not address the question of my gmail account.
Can you explain that?? Why am I not getting the 'reset password' messages. I last used this account in December.

kbrumm

New Email
never mind... I found password reset in my junk folder!??
cheeks are red!
Thanks!

Sometimes the obvious is the answer...