delivered and read notifications

kari

New Email
If I put a delivery and read confirmation on an email..how and when I will receive the notifications and if I do not get a delivery notification. .....what would cause that?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi kari,

Not all mail services and programs support delivery and read notifications.

It's possible to enable them on your end and not receive a delivery response on delivery and/or a read response when an email is opened.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

kari

New Email
If the message did not go thru because I am blocked. Will I be alerted to this?
Also his email address is .net
Is that one not supported?

kari

New Email
I am just learning this forum please forgive.
Are
.net. or .gmail. ones that don't send replies?

And. If it is undeliverable for these will I get an undeliverable notice?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
You should still receive a bounce message if a message is deliverable, for example if an email account doesn't exist of it over their storage limit.

If a message was not received because you are blocked you may not be alerted if the original message was quietly delivered to the recipients trash or spam folders.

kari

New Email
Is there anyway at all to tell if when I send an email to .net or .gmail what happened to the message
I am sorry...I am so illiterate when it comes to this.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
The best guess will come from your mail server logs.

If you pay for your email service you or your tech support should have access to your outgoing mail logs and at least know that the emails were accepted for delivery.

kari

New Email
If I have hotmail ......do I have access to logs.?
I also have a trac phone where I send messages from but it is still a hotmail Email address. Does that have a log since I pay for the phone

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi kari,

No, you don't have access to Hotmail's mail logs.

The trac phone won't have what you're looking for either.

If you need more detailed information considering purchasing a domain name and email service from LuxSci.

In addition to great technical support, and a domain name that can be yours for life, you'll also get the following reporting benefits including:

· Messages Sent
· Delivery Status
· SecureLine Opt Outs

Depending how you send your email there may be additional reporting about:

From SMTP Server
From WebMail
From Web Sites
· Spam Complaints