Deleting folders in AOL

gunnyusmc

New Email
My E-mail goes thru AOL since Verizon Purchased the company. I would like to add a folderbut with 60 folders in place the+ is no longer on the folder title, so assuming I could delete a folder to make room for the new one I attempted that. All references I can find say to right click the desired folder and click on Delete. Well, right clicking on the folder brings a drop down menu that does not contain the term "Delete" so I am without amethod to continue, Can anyone help?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello, I don't see any sign that there is a problem trying to delete a folder from AOL webmail when there are over 60 folders.

First, hover over the folder you want to delete and click the gear icon, then click the delete link on the window that appears:

AOL Select Folder.jpg AOL Delete Folder.jpg

If this doesn't work for you I recommend trying another web browser, or using these directions to configure an email on your computer and use that to manage the email folders - Verizon Move to AOL Mail: Setting up your new AOL account in a third party email program or mobile device (IMAP)

gunnyusmc

New Email
Thanks for the response , popowich, but, I do not get a gear icon and I still cannot add a folder. I don't want to change browsers as I have problems with all others I have tried so I have been sticking with Google Chrome which has worked well for me

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I'm using Chrome on Windows 10. If that's not working for you, and you don't want to try another web browser, my best suggestions are to make sure your Chrome is up to date and you could also try disabling any plugins/addons to see if that helps.