Continuing problems with Thunderbird

trader

Valued Member
Hi Raymond

We're still having awful problems with Thunderbird on my wife's ASUS computer running on Windows 7 at 64 bits. Her other computer, which runs on XP Pro SP3, has no problems with Thunderbird when it comes to retrieving emails from her domain site. But with the ASUS we keep getting error messages relating to password/user name and so on despite the fact that both Laptops have been set up identically re Thunderbird.

As there seems to be no "solution" that we haven't tried and failed with, I'm wondering if there is an easy way of transferring all the emails in Thunderbird to Microsoft Outlook. We have been through this exercise before and it was a nightmare, having to copy the emails to another email client - Panda, I think - before we could then copy them to Outlook.

Is there an easier way of performing this procedure in one simple step? We both hate Outlook, which goes to show just how desperate this problem has made us.

Hoping that you have some good news for us.

Best regards
trader

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Have you tried recreating the account / retyping the password into the Windows 7 Thunderbird?

Is it possible there is a virus scanner interfering with the Windows 7 Thunderbird?

Are you trying to move to Microsoft Outlook (comes with office) or Outlook Express (comes with IE)?

trader

Valued Member
Hi Raymond

Please excuse my delay in replying but I couldn't find the thread - until now. We've decided to use Thunderbird for every-day emails and Outlook for the domain emails. Also considering giving Windows 7 the boot and returning to XP Pro on Madeleine's new ASUS laptop.
Many thanks for your information.

Best regards
trader