Compiling E-Mail Messages Into Word Text Documents?

vja4Him

Valued Member
Is there someway that I can compile my e-mail messages into word - text documents, other than copyng and pasting one message at a time ... ???

vja4Him

Valued Member
Re: Compiling E-Mail Messages Into Word-Text Documents?

Hi Jim,

While recently answering a similar question I found a program called IMAPSize.

Try taking a look at the information in this thread : http://www.emailquestions.com/mozil...g-thunderbird-e-mails-standard-documents.html

Did that work for you, or do you need a different solution?

-Raymond

Not sure that will work for me ... My e-mail accounts are POP. And, I've already downloaded all of my e-mail, which is what I do everyday, several times each day.

Also, I don't use Thunderbird. I only use Mac Mail. I have so much e-mail, that I really don't want to copy each message individually, then paste than one message into one word document, then repeat that procedure for many thousands of messages.

I have my e-mail filtered out into many different folder. For example, family history research that pertains to my PACKARD line is all in one folder. I would be very convenient to simply take all those e-mail messages in that one folder, and have them copied into a word or text file.

When I used Eudora e-mail on my old Power Mac 7300, I was able to do something like that, but I can't remember just how I did that .... It was pretty simple though.

I just need to find the right software that will work with Mac Mail ....

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member

What version of Apple Mail do you have?

Do these directions work for getting your Apple Mail files into mbox format?

http://www.cosmicsoft.net/emlxconvert.html

Thunderbird understands MBOX. From Thunderbird you can convert to individual document files.

It's two steps and a little messy but it may work.

-Raymond

Big Dan

EQ Forum Moderator

What about 'printing' them as a PDF? That turns them into a standard format that you can use on any platform and their searchable. OS X has PDF 'printing' built right in, it just saves it as a file.

vja4Him

Valued Member

What about 'printing' them as a PDF? That turns them into a standard format that you can use on any platform and their searchable. OS X has PDF 'printing' built right in, it just saves it as a file.

That is my plan ... But, I need to compile e-mails into categories, before printing. For example:

All the e-mails regarding my PACKARD family history, need to be in one or several documents, depending on how many e-mails, and how long they are. If the total is only 10 pages or so, then I can put them all into just one document, and print, then file into the PACKARD family history folder.

Now, with my ANDREWS e-mail .... I will need more than one document -- probably a dozen or more. I don't want to print every single e-mail, just one message on one sheet of paper. That's a waste of space in my family history folders and binders.

Also, makes it much easier when reading and researching to have all the messages together.

I also need to get a printer .... But I'm not even ready to print yet ....