Cheating or not ?

Flossie7

New Email
Hi am in need of help
My hubby was a member of various website dating groups before we met
Now married for years he keeps getting emails in his inbox welcoming him to dating site and a link to click on
Is he still on sites or are they just random emails cos he was member of many in the past ?he claims this is the case
Is their anyway I can check his email address if linked to dating sites ?
Please help

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Flossie,

It's impossible to say for sure without logging into the sites and checking for active profiles.

If he was on them in the past (and even if he wasn't), dating web site promotional/spam emails are a common type of spam.

Also, it's typical for a parent company to own several dating sites, so it's also possible he was on a site and that parent company is sharing his data between the marketing teams and that's why additional sites are sending him emails now too.

Flossie7

New Email
Hi Flossie,

It's impossible to say for sure without logging into the sites and checking for active profiles.

If he was on them in the past (and even if he wasn't), dating web site promotional/spam emails are a common type of spam.

Also, it's typical for a parent company to own several dating sites, so it's also possible he was on a site and that parent company is sharing his data between the marketing teams and that's why additional sites are sending him emails now too.
Thankyou for your reply I appreciate it , can you find out by an email address any sites it's linked too ?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
There is no way to "get a report", but a technical way to go about it is try and register on sites using his email address and see if the address is already in use. He'll probably get some sort of confirmation email if the registration attempt is successful.

Last edited: