Cant Reply To or Create New Emails on Hotmail

DebbieLaJ213

New Email
Yesterday, out of the blue, my Hotmail Account started acting strange....I can receive emails, open and read them, but cannot reply to them or create a new email. This just randomly happened, I didnt change anything etc... I have no idea whats going on. Im not too great with the computer but did my best at searching the web for help to no avail : ( I dont know what to do, anyone ever run into this problem and know how to fix it? I'd really appreciate any help. I am using Windows XP and Mozilla Firefox. Im not sure what other information you need, just let me know. Thanks again.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Please try follow the troubleshooting steps in this guide and let us know which one fixes the problem for you:

http://www.emailquestions.com/hotma...ms-including-blank-pages-login-redirects.html

My best guess is either the clearing your cache or the updating your software with FileHippo steps will fix the problem with replying and creating new emails.

If not, please reply with any specific error messages that are being displayed.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

cliveyow

New Email
cannot forward or create new emails
When i click on new nothing happens.
If I go to gmail and login to hotmail i can create new messages and forward messages
This lust happened with no changes made

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Are you saying that visiting the Gmail site cleared something and fixed a problem with your ability to send from Hotmail?

cliveyow

New Email
If I go to gmail and enter the hotmail url I can see all the messages & reply to any message or create a new message.
I am using windows 7 i.e 11
If i bring up the regular hotmail I can read the messages, but cannot reply or create a message, while if i use gmail to get to hotmail all the functions work properly

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

What do you mean by bringing up the regular Hotmail?

Would it be possible for you to provide a screen shot of it working and not working?

:thanks:

Mysel

New Email
I have just experienced the same problem - "New" and "Reply" buttons within Hotmail / Outlook were not working, though all other functionality seemed ok. Having found this thread whilst trying to fix the issue, I tried logging into Gmail, then straight back into Hotmail and...problem solved. Bizarre!

As I say, the problem now appears to be solved, but if anyone techier than me has any idea why briefly logging into Gmail should cause an issue with Hotmail to spontaneously rectify itself, I'd be really interested to know!

I'm using IE11 / Windows 8, by the way.

Mysel

New Email
This problem has now reoccurred and this time the trick of signing into Gmail has not fixed the issue. In fact I am now having some similar problems in Gmail - cannot sign out as the account button (I think this is what it is called) at the top right of the screen is non-responsive. I have tried removing some recently installed software just in case this is the source of the problem but to no avail.

Any thoughts very welcome!