Can't remove an error message

I thought I was adding an e-mail :)entry to my address book and part completed the form on screen when I realised that having entered the new e-mail address it wanted the password. I knew I was in the wrong part of the system and I thought the system will think I'm trying to hack this account and immediately deleted all the entry I had made but could not delete the box. Now each time I send a mail I get an error message which states "Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details. 0 of 1 tasks have been completed" However the box below is empty/blank. The new mail is sent to the Outbox where it remains for a few minutes before it is finally sent. This is weird as my laptop normally runs amazingly fast and did so for mails up until the time of my mistake. Can anyone suggest a solution please.:) Grumpy old man.

It's me again. Have just found a part entry, referring to the new e-mail address I was entering incorrectly, showing under the Outbox listing. I deleted it and the system resumed "normal working". Maybe this will be useful to other "well past their sell by date" users.:confused:

Grumpy old man.