Can't open or delete hotmail messages

Sunshine

New Email
Is there something wrong with Hotmail? For the past 2 days I cannot open or delete my hotmail messages. My e-mails are piling up but I can't read them. Any suggestions?

Sunshine

New Email
Hi Raymond,

Thanks for your quick response. I rebooted my machine and logged into the secure link and I am still having problems. I'm really at a loss now. I even followed steps 2 and 3

Sunshine

New Email
I'm at my job so I know they won't let me use Firefox. I'll try to access this from my home this evening and see what happens.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
What is your security level in Internet Explorer? It is set higher than medium? You can check it by going to Tools -> Internet Options -> Security. Is it possible that your work computer has some security suite software on it that has some kind of cookie blocker, safe site list, etc that is causing the problem?

Sunshine

New Email
My security level is set to medium-low. Something may have changed over the weekend. I was able to retrieve my e-mails on Friday but for some reason I started having problems yesterday. If I am successful at home then I know that the security here at my job has changed.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
OK. Please let us know the specific cause/solution if you figure it out for the work computer. It's nice to keep the hotmail help guide as up to date as possible so that other people with the same problem in the future can benefit from the solutions. Thanks!

steviegee

New Email
I have had the same problem for the past week. i have tried all the help solutions and even restored my computer but still have the problem. I cant even send mail.

trix

New Email
Hi. Just spent 2 days trying to work out how to open my emails. Kept getting error message in bottom left of screen (a warning sign in a yellow triangle) saying done. It started suddenly and I could access emails from other computers in the house so I knew it was the computer itself with the problem.

Finally I downloaded a malware program (MALWAREBYTES anti malware) and ran a check. It came up with 2 malicious malware in the registry. Got rid of those and hey presto emails work!!!! Here's the link for the malware(it's free & no viruses)

Download Malwarebytes

good luck!:)

saraneth

New Email
I haven't been able to open or delete any email for the past 2 days. It does work on my phone though.

Have read the hotmail help page but now it seems to me that the problem is that Chrome does not support the latest Windows Live update. In fact I have just tried Explorer (which annoyingly I had to reinstall after not using it for 2 yrs) and I can open my emails.

Any suggestions? I do not want to use Explorer for browsing...or anything else really!

Thanks

Sarabi

New Email
This same thing is happening to me as well. I use fire fox, and I'm able to sign in but once signed in I can't navigate to other folders and the most annoying this is I cannot open my emails. It doesn't say anything about an error, it just high lights as if it's not a link to my email. I've tired everything! And now after reading saraneth's comment I'm downloading Internet Explorer. Haven't used it in years as well! I just don't understand what's happening, could my computer be at risk and it's trying to protect itself?

hypocritic

New Email
hotmail is not working in FF or chrome for 1 week now, it only works in dreaded IE - this may be a microsoftscam in connection with their new IE release that really nobody needs anymore; i think this behaviour started after a windows security update sometimes the login page just remains blank, sometimes i can actually log in but no mails can be opened if somebody has a solution please say so!

tomjutton24

New Email
I had the same problem for ages then read this forum and downloaded FIREFOX 5 and have NO more problems opening emails or switching folders.

krys1224

New Email
I haven't been able to open or delete my hotmail emails for the past couple of days either. I have tried everything in the hotmail help, I have updated Internet Explorer, I have installed Google Chrome and I have run a Malware problem and nothing works. As it is at my work, I can't install Firefox and use that to try. What can I do???

MelKruise

New Email
I have figured out the problem I too have been having a lot of problems with my hotmail on my laptop but not on my phone. which led me to believe that it was not hotmail that was the problem. I recently allowed teh update for AVG. The problem started immediatly after I did this. If you have recently updated AVG this is the solution to your problem.

Open AVG
Click on the Tools Tab
Choose Advanced Settings Apperance on the Left
at the bottom of the page click the box that ENABLES game mode
Save changes or apply which ever it says.

THen...

On the main page of AVG double click the Firewall icon.
ENABLE game mode and save the changes

hope this helps

MelKruise

New Email
Have you recently updated AVG Anti Virus??? I did and this stated happening to me immediatly. Heres the solution...

open AVG...Click on the tools tab...choose advanced settings...Apperance...at the bottom of the page choose Enable Game Mode...Save changes

Then...

on the main page of AVG double click the firewall icon and when the box opens choose Enable Game mode and save changes.

Hope this helps.