Can't add Yahoo account to my Kindle Fire

Jam

New Email
I had to de-register my Kindle Fire and after I re-registered it I can't add my Yahoo account. I keep getting the message "email address or password incorrect". The same thing is happening on my Verizon cell phone. It says it's the wrong user name or password. I know both are correct. I had changed my password earlier but have re-entered the new one with the same result. Amazon said it's a Yahoo issue. I'm not tech savvy enough to figure this out.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Jam,

Do you have 2 step logins enabled in Yahoo? It's possible the kindle doesn't support them for Yahoo.

If needed, here is how to create an application password in Yahoo - How to create an application password in Yahoo Mail (yahoo keeps asking for my password)

If that's not the problem, here are the directions for recovering your password if needed - Yahoo - How to recover a lost password / How to regain control of a hacked account

Don't forget that one other devices you'll need to use your full email address as your username such as username@yahoo.com