Cannot send in Windows Live Mail

Obsession

New Email
I have a new Toshiba Satellite laptop. I can access and receive email but cannot send. I am at work so not at my laptop since I can't send. Any suggestions out there? Thanks!

Obsession

New Email
Rochester, New York? We are originally from Corning, New York. We retired in Hawaii because it was my husband's last duty station.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
It's been a long time but I've been to Corning and the glass museum watching them doing the glass blowing.

Any other activities that would be good to take kids to in the area?

The outgoing smtp server for Road Runner in Hawaii is :

smtp-server.hawaii.rr.com

Do you have that name as the outgoing server name in your Windows Live Mail configuration?

:welcome: to Email Questions! -Raymond

Obsession

New Email
SMTP

Raymond,

I'm 99% sure it does say the SMTP.......what you typed. When I get home, I will log onto my laptop and check it out. As far as activities for children in Corning...ummmm....there is a park in Elmira, New York called Eldridge Park. It used to a great small amusement park when we were kids and then it was dismantled. Thanks to an area dentist and tons of people, they are bringing it back. The carousel is amazing and they just keep going and going. I haven't been back in over 2 years. Not sure what else in the Corning area. Watkins Glen has the gorge of course. Depends on how old the children are. Anyways, any other suggestions about why my email wont' send?:cool:

Obsession

New Email
Rats...my laptop does say the SMTP and still rejecting emails. Any other suggestions? I can't email you at home cause the emails won't send from my laptop. Hate to ask but are you on facebook? For some reason, I can get on facebook and reply to questions. However, today, until almost 9 pm your time (I work 0600-1430) at it is almost 9 pm your time since you guys are 6 hours ahead, I am at my job.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, I'm on Facebook. I started a group for our forums here a couple weeks ago:

Email Questions | Facebook

Did you see this reply to your private message last night?

Are you sure you still have road runner? maybe they bought this other company but your reverse dns is domain up as hawaii tel. Their smtp server name is smtp.hawaiiantel.net. If that doesn't work I'd pick up the phone and ask what the correct setting is, and then let the forums know so that others can benefit from the answer too. :thanks:

Some other things you can try are disabling your anti-virus for a few minutes and then try to send. Sometimes AV scanners break and time out outgoing email connections. Don't forget to turn your anti-virus back on after the test. If it is the AV you can try increasing your smtp scanning timeouts, reinstalling that AV program, or if you are using something else try switching to Avast anti-virus.

Obsession

New Email
Hmmmm....I will check with road runner again and try to ask for technical support. Otherwise, I think I'm going to get a friend or someone to come visit to get us straightened out. Thanks for your help. Good to know you are on facebook in case I need more help.