Cannot Access Email for three days now

It has been two days since I have been able to access my yahoo email account. When i get to the Yahoo site, the mail box, will show messages but when i try to open the box to get to the messages a new window comes up with this message. Any attempt to activate or use any yahoo feature such as help or contact us gets the same message.

It does not matter whether I use the Mozilla browser or other. this started to be an occasional problem on Thanksgiving day and gradually got worse.

Yahoo has conveniently seen to it that it is impossible to reach anyone at yahoo about the problem since none of the bottom of page topics will open.

here is the message.

Address Not Found

us.mc593.mail.yahoo.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again.

The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of
"www.mozilla.org")

* Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration may have expired.

* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network connection and DNS server settings.

* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

I have had the same problems with Yahoo email since Friday, Nov. 28th. It is now Monday, Dec. 1st. I have had 4 phone conversations with them, and 4 email responses, telling me how to trouble shoot the problem on my computer. ( I had to set up a gmail account to communicate with them)

They are basically saying that it is MY computer problem. However, everything else on my computer works fine.

I get the same messages when trying to access Yahoo mail that everyone else has posted.

I also tried to access my email using http://us.m.yahoo.com/p/mail and the same page comes up that Internet Explorer Cannot Display Web Page.

Help!

Hi!

Thank you for responding. I tried everything you advised me to do,
and it did not help the problem. I am lost. I do not know if this is
totally a Yahoo problem or my problem. Everything else works fine
with this computer. ( 4 months old)

Sandy

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Kathryn and Sandy,

Would either of you be OK with trying the OpenDNS DNS Servers?

More information can be found here.

-Raymond