can not send mail

Zaltik

New Email
On a recent upgrade for good ole Moms computer to a Acer Aspire 6930,
Set up her Road Runner acct, (local Tampabay.rr.com)
IE believe ver. 7
Vista 64
recieve this error
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
The rejected e-mail address was Mom@tampabay.rr.com> . Subject 'test2', Account: 'pop-server.tampabay.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Invalid recipient: <Mom@tampabay.rr.com>', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

I have went to web mail and no server issues with RR, was able to send there fine. checked and uncheck authenication for out going.
Windows Firewall off or on no difference.
At this time no anti virus
Google threads this seems to be a common problem, but after trying all the obvious easy fixs, I am left baffled, and believe this is still a easy fix I am over looking.
Your assitance is greatly appreciated.
Z

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi Zaltic,

Is mom@ the real email address or did you change it to protect her from spam.

The road runner incoming mail servers for that domain accept it as a valid email address :

rcpt to:<Mom@tampabay.rr.com>
250 RCPT TO accepted

Taking a closer look from what I can see road runner does not service Tampa Bay, Florida.

Is this a true road runner connection? Is it some other provider that is branded as Road Runner?

From your moms connection go to What Is My IP Address? - IP Address Lookup, Internet Speed Test, IP Info, plus more and let us know what her IP address is.

:thanks: -Raymond

Zaltik

New Email
Yes Road Runner does service the Tampa Bay areas, Mom was just a way to protect her from spam.
The actual email is
tdcan@tampabay.rr.com
I will get back to you on IP I can check here at my office as I have RR here and at my home as well.
Zaltik

Zaltik

New Email
Np, But I did get to the site and tested it on my work Account, have not yet been able to do it from good Ole moms house yet will get back to you soon as I have that, Thanks Z